GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

JUST IN: Today, there is hardly any state in Nigeria without a construction site under Tinubu, the man is working hard – Umahi

by News Break
May 23, 2026
in Latest
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

According to a report by Nggossips on Friday, May 22, 2026, Dr. Charles Omole, author of From Soldier to Statesman, reported that the Minister of Works, David Umahi, has called on the South-East region to deliver strong electoral support for President Bola Tinubu in the 2027 general elections.

Umahi cautioned that a lack of backing for the President could threaten the continuity of large-scale federal infrastructure developments currently underway across the region.

Umahi made the remarks on Wednesday while conducting an inspection of several ongoing federal road and bridge projects located in Ebonyi State.

During the visit, he emphasised that the current administration had undertaken infrastructure projects on a scale the South-East had not experienced in previous governments.

The minister stated that the projects being executed represented an unprecedented level of federal investment in the region’s road network and public infrastructure.

He argued that no earlier administration had committed comparable resources toward the development of transport facilities in the South-East.

Among the projects reviewed was the ongoing Calabar–Ebonyi–Benue–Nasarawa–Abuja Superhighway, which Umahi described as one of the signature legacy projects of the current administration.

According to him, the section extending from Ndibe Beach in Ebonyi State to the Ebonyi–Benue border spans approximately 123 kilometres.

He explained that the road is being built with reinforced concrete pavement and fitted with solar-powered street lighting, with an estimated total cost of N454 billion.

Umahi revealed that the Federal Government had already released 50 per cent of the required funding for the project.

He added that approval processes were ongoing for the dualisation of strategic sections of the route to improve traffic flow and strengthen connectivity between affected states.

He further disclosed that the second section of the corridor stretches roughly 178 kilometres from the Ebonyi–Benue boundary through Benue State, Kogi State and Nasarawa State to Oweto Bridge, the minister said the contract for that segment is valued at N685 billion.

While recognising that contractors had encountered funding-related difficulties, Umahi insisted that the Federal Government remained committed to fulfilling all financial obligations attached to the projects.

“The President has assured us that all contractors owed will be paid. Today, there is hardly any state in Nigeria without a construction site under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,” he said….See More

Related Posts

Latest

Akoko S’East/West: Ondo APC youths reject bid to overturn primary result 

May 24, 2026
Latest

BREAKING: Nigeria, others commit $27bn to port infrastructure expansion — PMAWCA

May 24, 2026
Latest

Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme Secures Private Sector Commitments To Strengthen National Workforce At Employers Forum

May 23, 2026
Latest

2027: Tinubu wins APC presidential primary in Lagos, says exercise worked according to plans

May 23, 2026
Latest

BREAKING: Oyo school abduction: Two-year-old girl among victims; communities list names, ages

May 23, 2026
Latest

SHOCKING: Reports say terrorists killed him after seeing a photo of him with a Bible on his phone-Dachomo

May 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Latest

Akoko S’East/West: Ondo APC youths reject bid to overturn primary result 

by Vincent Uju
May 24, 2026
0

By Dayo Johnson The Akoko South-East/Akoko South-West Youth Nggossips in Ondo State has raised the alarm over alleged plans to...

Read more

BREAKING: Nigeria, others commit $27bn to port infrastructure expansion — PMAWCA

May 24, 2026

Saraki announces PDP consensus governorship candidate in Kwara

May 24, 2026

Tinubu floors opponent in Barau’s Kano ward, wins APC presidential primary

May 24, 2026

'I speak to everybody': Trump says he will speak to Taiwan's president in diplomatic shift

May 24, 2026

Toxic explosion feared at California chemical plant as 40,000 nearby residents are evacuated

May 24, 2026

US Woman Fatally Mauled By Neighbours’ Pit Bulls Despite Previous Complaints

May 24, 2026

Gunmen kill over 73, injure 25 at gold mining site in South Sudan

May 24, 2026

“Love? I’m Done!” — Nasboi’s Heartbreak Confession Sets Social Media on Fire

May 24, 2026

Woman Escapes Lagos Kidnappers’ Den, Emerges in Ogun After Two Days in Forest

May 24, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World