GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Katsina Govt Disburses ₦83.9m Relief To Fire Victims

by News Break
May 15, 2026
in Society
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

 

The Katsina State Government has flagged off the disbursement of over ₦83.9 million in cash assistance to 47 victims of fire disasters across the 34 Local Government Areas of the state, reaffirming its commitment to protecting lives and supporting vulnerable citizens during times of hardship.

The Katsina State Deputy Governor, Faruq Jobe, performed the flag-off ceremony on Thursday at the Katsina State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) Office located at the Old Government House, Katsina.

Addressing beneficiaries and stakeholders during the exercise, Jobe sympathised with victims who lost homes, businesses, valuables and livelihoods to recent fire outbreaks across various communities in the state.

He acknowledged that no amount of assistance could fully replace the devastating losses suffered by the victims but stressed that the government has a responsibility to stand firmly with its citizens in difficult times.

“We know that no amount of money can replace what you have lost — homes, shops, livelihoods, and, in some cases, irreplaceable personal belongings. But in times like this, government must show that it stands with its people, not just in words but in action,” the deputy governor said.

Jobe explained that the intervention forms part of the administration’s policy of responsive and compassionate governance aimed at providing immediate relief and helping victims rebuild their lives and businesses.

According to him, the present administration has so far disbursed a total of N300 million to victims of fire disasters across the state since inception.

He urged beneficiaries to make judicious use of the support while also embracing fire prevention and safety sensitisation programmes being conducted by SEMA and the State Fire Service.

“Prevention remains better and cheaper than cure or recovery,” he emphasized, while assuring residents that the administration would continue strengthening emergency response systems and institutional frameworks to ensure quicker and more effective disaster management.

In her welcome address, the Executive Secretary of Katsina State Emergency Management Agency, Binta Dangani, described the exercise as the fourth phase of cash disbursement to fire disaster victims since the assumption of office of Governor Dikko Radda in May 2023.

Dangani said the intervention demonstrates the administration’s compassion and dedication towards supporting vulnerable citizens affected by disasters across the state.

Providing a breakdown of previous interventions, Dangani disclosed that the first disbursement in 2023/2024 saw 103 victims across 34 Local Government Areas receive ₦64 million. The second phase conducted in 2025 benefitted 102 victims from 14 Local Government Areas with ₦65 million, while the third exercise held in November 2025 recorded the disbursement of over ₦99 million to 157 victims.

She explained that the current fourth phase would see 47 victims receive a total of ₦83,984,200 as assistance.

The SEMA Executive Secretary also condoled families who lost loved ones in various fire incidents across the state, particularly the tragic Kofar Sauri inferno where a family of five reportedly lost their lives after fire engulfed their residence at night.

She revealed that the agency recently distributed building materials to 14,586 flood victims across 25 Local Government Areas, alongside support to affected residents within the state capital.

Dangani appealed to residents to observe proper safety measures in handling electrical appliances, cooking equipment, fuel storage and other hazardous materials to reduce the increasing cases of fire outbreaks in the state.

She commended Governor Radda for his continuous support and commitment towards disaster response and humanitarian interventions across Katsina State.

Related Posts

Society

PSG’s Dembele Undergoes Treatment For Leg Issue Before Champions League Final

May 18, 2026
Society

WHO Kicks Off Annual Assembly Amid Hantavirus, Ebola Crises

May 18, 2026
Society

Russian Drone Hit Chinese Cargo Ship Overnight In Black Sea — Ukraine

May 18, 2026
Society

Victories, Disputes, Upsets In APC House Of Reps Primaries

May 18, 2026
Society

Rivers APC Disqualifies Ex-Deputy Governor Banigo, Others From Senate Race

May 18, 2026
Society

Two Aspirants Withdraw Ahead Of Kebbi APC Senatorial Primaries

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Latest

Obi’s Exit Rattled Our National Chairman, I Have Not Seen Him Since I Came Back To Nigeria -Nwosu

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

Chief Ralph Nwosu, the founding chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), has disclosed that the departure of Peter Obi...

Read more

Osun: Accord fumes over ‘second attack’ on Adeleke campaign office

May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Tinubu’s administration has destroyed democracy – Galadima

May 18, 2026

Africa Soft Power Summit: The Room Where Africa’s Growth Story Gets Rewritten

May 18, 2026

Gunshots, chaos disrupt Ondo APC senatorial primary election

May 18, 2026

Spainish PM Pedro Sánchez defends Spain’s Eurovision boycott over Israel’s participation

May 18, 2026

Stray bullet from Air Force machine gun exercise struck landscaper, lawsuit says

May 18, 2026

Global Health Alert: WHO Assembly Begins Amid Hantavirus And Ebola Outbreaks

May 18, 2026

Vatican sets up AI commission amid concerns over rapid technological change

May 18, 2026

Schools Must Never Become Theatres of Fear — Gbenga Hashim Reacts to Fresh Abductions

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World