GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Aimee Bock: 5 things to know about the woman behind the $250M Feeding Our Future fraud

by News Break
May 23, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The founder of a Minnesota nonprofit has been handed a prison sentence of nearly 42 years for masterminding one of the biggest pandemic-era fraud schemes in the country. Aimee Bock who led Feeding Our Future, was sentenced on Tuesday after being convicted last year on charges of conspiracy, fraud and bribery.

Aimee Bock was sentenced to nearly 42 years in prison in one of the largest pandemic fraud. (Sherburne County Jail)

Prosecutors say she and her co-conspirators falsely claimed to have served 91 million meals to children and pocketed a staggering $250 million in federal funds, according to the New York Post. The nonprofit was described by prosecutors as operating “like a cash pipeline, open to anyone willing to submit fraudulent claims and pay kickbacks.”

Feeding Our Future went from receiving $3 million in federal aid to over $200 million in 2021. When the Minnesota Department of Education began questioning the rapid spike, Bock filed a lawsuit against the state agency and the money kept flowing. It was only after the FBI, IRS and other federal agencies raided 26 locations across Minnesota in January 2022 that the funding was finally cut off.

Also Read: Trump approval rating: Rising costs, Iran war costing POTUS months before midterms – New poll

So far, 79 people have been charged in connection with the scheme, with more than 60 convictions. Prosecutors warned that “the ripple effects of her actions are profound, immeasurable, and will have lasting consequences for both Minnesota and the nation,” according to The Post.

5 things to know about Aimee Bock:

  1. Bock who is 45 was the founder and head of Feeding Our Future, a Minnesota-based nonprofit originally set up to provide meals to children in need, particularly members of the Somali community. Despite running an organization meant to feed hungry kids, prosecutors called her the “ringleader” of a scheme that took food funding away from those who needed it most.
  2. She was convicted last year on all counts, including conspiracy, fraud and bribery after a lengthy legal battle. Her attorney Kenneth Udoibok had pushed for a sentence of no more than three years, arguing that Bock had provided valuable information to investigators and that two co-defendants were more responsible for orchestrating the scams.
  3. Bock admitted in federal court, “I understand I failed. I failed the public, my family, everyone.” Former lead prosecutor Joe Thompson responded bluntly outside the courtroom, saying, “Aimee Bock did everything she could to earn this long sentence,” according to The Independent.
  4. When authorities started asking questions, Bock did not back down quietly. When the Minnesota Department of Education began raising concerns about the dramatic rise in funding, she responded by filing a lawsuit against the state agency which is a bold move that allowed the money to keep coming in until federal raids finally shut it all down in January 2022.
  5. Bock and her convicted co-defendant Salim Said falsely claimed to have served 91 million meals and used the $250 million in federal funds to fund their lavish lifestyles, according to Acting US Attorney Lisa D Kirkpatrick. Prosecutors said the nonprofit ran a vast fraud network of fake distribution sites, fictitious lists of children and illegal kickbacks, all under the cover of a children’s food program.

Also Read: Nancy Guthrie update: John Ramsey shares chilling advice as Savannah, family awaits answers; ‘don’t assume…’

So far, 79 people have been charged in connection with the scheme, with more than 60 convictions.

Related Posts

World

Russian fighter jets intercept British RAF planes over Black Sea on two separate occasions

May 23, 2026
World

Trump celebrates end of ‘total jerk’ Stephen Colbert’s show in scathing post

May 23, 2026
World

Marco Rubio India Visit: US-India Relations: Can Marco Rubio Fix It?

May 23, 2026
World

Wall Street guru struck speechless by Trump insider stock trades

May 23, 2026
World

137-year-old piece of Eiffel Tower staircase sells for over €450,000 at auction

May 23, 2026
World

Meta, TikTok settle bombshell case over children’s mental health crisis

May 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Reports

How I stopped Murtala, Adekunle from arresting Ojukwu — Gowon

by Vincent Uju
May 23, 2026
0

Former Nigerian Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, has revealed how he restrained some senior military officers from arresting the then...

Read more

How I stopped Murtala, Adekunle from arresting Ojukwu — Gowon

May 23, 2026

Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know Saturday morning

May 23, 2026

JUST IN: The Oyo State Government Denies Reports of Abducted Teachers and Students Release

May 23, 2026

Power surge sparks fire in Kwara eight-flat residential building

May 23, 2026

NPA Boss Raises Concern Over Outdated Port Infrastructure in West, Central Africa

May 23, 2026

Supreme Court Voids Parts of NIWA Act, Restrains FG from Controlling Waterfront Lands in States

May 23, 2026

Regional ports adopting global best practices – Oyetola

May 23, 2026

“Stop Keeping Malice In Marriage”- Yul Edochie Shares Relationship Advice

May 23, 2026

“S&P Upgrades Access, GTBank, UBA, Zenith, Others” — Seven Nigerian Banks Raised To ‘B’ As Fidelity, FCMB Outlooks Turn Positive

May 23, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World