GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Army Launches Massive Crackdown Across Abia After Shocking Kidnap Rescue

by News Break
May 15, 2026
in Headlines
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp



(Soldiers during shooting exercise. Photo Credit: Punch News)

Soldiers from the Nigerian Army’s 14 Brigade, operating under Operation UDO KA, have rescued a kidnapping victim and ramped up security activities across Abia State in a coordinated effort to crack down on criminal elements.

According to a statement by brigade spokesperson Captain Mazinho Attah, troops from the 145 Battalion joined forces with Operation Crush and the Nigeria Police Force’s Anti-Cultism Unit to carry out an intelligence-driven mission in Umuahia.

The operation led to the rescue of Mr. Onyebuchi Nwaoha, who had been seized by armed men.

Both the rescued victim and a number of arrested suspects are currently being held for further questioning as the military continues efforts to break up other criminal networks in the region.

The troops have also maintained a strong presence along key roads and vulnerable communities, including the ABSU–Okigwe–Ihube Road, the Enugu–Port Harcourt Expressway, and several local government areas such as Umunneochi, Bende, Isiala Ngwa, Ukwa East, Ukwa West, Umuahia, and Arochukwu.

These operations, conducted under Operation EASTERN SANITY II, are aimed at neutralizing IPOB/ESN activities and other criminal groups, as well as curbing the illegal use of explosives.

In Aba, soldiers at Osisioma responded to a shooting incident on Brass Street in the GRA, where the body of an unidentified man was found by the roadside, reportedly killed by gunmen. Emergency responders recovered the body, and investigations into the attack are ongoing.

Additionally, coordinated night patrols were conducted across several communities including Isiugu, Akanu-Ukwu, Ameakpo, Nguzu, and Arochukwu, with security officials reporting that those areas remained peaceful.

The Army called on residents to assist security forces by reporting anyone involved in separatist activities and by rejecting divisive ideologies.

 

Related Posts

Headlines

Schools Must Never Become Theatres of Fear — Gbenga Hashim Reacts to Fresh Abductions

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Carter Efe Panics Over Chike Rumours, Says He’s Now Scared of Marriage

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Loans Not Achievements – Atiku tells Tinubu as FG seeks fresh $1.25bn World Bank facility

May 18, 2026
Headlines

General Alaya: Robust Local Defence Industry Critical to Operational Readiness of Armed Forces

May 18, 2026
Headlines

My sister and I were separated as kids — 32 years later, I saw her bracelet

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Sowore Alleges Assault on Lawyer by Court Security Personnel at Federal High Court

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Latest

Obi’s Exit Rattled Our National Chairman, I Have Not Seen Him Since I Came Back To Nigeria -Nwosu

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

Chief Ralph Nwosu, the founding chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), has disclosed that the departure of Peter Obi...

Read more

Osun: Accord fumes over ‘second attack’ on Adeleke campaign office

May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Tinubu’s administration has destroyed democracy – Galadima

May 18, 2026

Africa Soft Power Summit: The Room Where Africa’s Growth Story Gets Rewritten

May 18, 2026

Gunshots, chaos disrupt Ondo APC senatorial primary election

May 18, 2026

Spainish PM Pedro Sánchez defends Spain’s Eurovision boycott over Israel’s participation

May 18, 2026

Stray bullet from Air Force machine gun exercise struck landscaper, lawsuit says

May 18, 2026

Global Health Alert: WHO Assembly Begins Amid Hantavirus And Ebola Outbreaks

May 18, 2026

Vatican sets up AI commission amid concerns over rapid technological change

May 18, 2026

Schools Must Never Become Theatres of Fear — Gbenga Hashim Reacts to Fresh Abductions

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World