GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Customs ex-boss faces probe over secret Seme border gate

by Vincent Uju
May 13, 2026
in Latest
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

By Efe Onodjae

Former Customs Area Controller of the Seme Border Command, Comptroller Wale Adenuga, is reportedly under investigation over allegations linked to an illegal smuggling route allegedly created along the Nigeria–Benin Republic border.

Security and customs sources disclosed that Adenuga was reportedly arrested in February 2026 by operatives linked to the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA, following intelligence reports on alleged smuggling activities around the Seme border corridor.

According to sources familiar with the development, the alleged operation involved the destruction of a section of the international border fence jointly demarcating Nigeria and the Republic of Benin, where an iron gate was allegedly installed to facilitate the movement of contraband goods into Nigeria.

Sources claimed that thousands of foreign vehicles, including Sports Utility Vehicles, SUVs, as well as prohibited foreign rice and other contraband items, were allegedly moved into the country through the route before the gate was later dismantled.

A video reportedly obtained by investigators allegedly showed vehicles and goods stationed around the mounted gate awaiting passage into Nigeria, while another footage allegedly showed the area later sealed with concrete blocks after concerns were raised over the operation.
Insiders further alleged that the activities were coordinated by one Mr. Ope Oloko, described as a major smuggling operator around the Seme border axis.

Another source alleged that the gate was installed overnight within a few hours near the Customs command area before it was eventually removed.
The sources also alleged that billions of naira in customs revenue due to the Federal Government may have been lost through the illegal operation, although the exact figure could not be independently verified.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, has reacted to reports surrounding the alleged illegal border gate and the reported arrest of the former Seme controller.

Speaking on the development to Nggossips via WhatsApp, the National Public Relations Officer of the Service, Abdullahi Maiwada, said he was unaware of any official report concerning the alleged smuggling gate.

“I don’t really understand the narrative about the creation of a gate for the smuggling of goods,” Maiwada said.
The Customs spokesman, however, confirmed that Adenuga had been redeployed from the Seme Area Command to the Human Resources Department at the Customs Headquarters in Abuja.
“What I know is that we do have routine administrative rotations, where there is a need to rejig officers holding strategic commands and positions, and that has taken place,” he added.
Maiwada further stated that he had not been fully briefed on the allegations and could not comment beyond the official redeployment.

“As for any other allegation, I have not been briefed on it, and I cannot comment on what I am not properly informed about,” he stated.
He, however, confirmed that the former Seme controller had been removed from the command and posted to Abuja as part of the Service’s administrative adjustments.

Article Customs ex-boss faces probe over secret Seme border gate Live On NgGossips.

Related Posts

Latest

Tinubu:If I defeat him, he will work with me, and if he wins, I will support and work with him—Osifo

May 18, 2026
Latest

Oyo State Govt Collaborates With World Bank, IFC On Ibadan Green City Action Plan

May 18, 2026
Latest

BREAKING: Obasa secures Reps ticket

May 18, 2026
Latest

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026
Latest

NECA Leads Organized Businesses To Enugu Governor, Advocates Stronger Collaboration

May 18, 2026
Latest

‘I don’t hate Igbos’, UCTH CMD denies ethnic bias in House Officers recruitment

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
News

Lagos Warns Against Consumption of Spoiled Tomatoes

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

The Lagos State Government has warned residents against consuming spoiled or fungus-infested tomatoes, popularly known as “Ata Esha,” over concerns...

Read more

Tinubu:If I defeat him, he will work with me, and if he wins, I will support and work with him—Osifo

May 18, 2026

Abuja building collapse kills five, 10 rescued as search continues

May 18, 2026

Cleric Charges Christians to Participate in Politics

May 18, 2026

Petrol hits N1,413/litre in Maiduguri amid US-Iran tensions

May 18, 2026

Davido’s ’S Bodyguard Praised After Tackling Man Who Pushed Singer

May 18, 2026

“I Did Not Participate” — Cubana Chief Priest Says He Withdrew From APC Primary After Uzodimma Announced Zoning Position

May 18, 2026

What The Electoral Act, 2026 Says About Primary Elections.

May 18, 2026

Plateau Rep loses APC return ticket

May 18, 2026

General Alaya: Robust Local Defence Industry Critical to Operational Readiness of Armed Forces

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World