GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

DR Congo condemns rebel attacks on mining sites in east

by News Break
May 19, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Democratic Republic of Congo released a statement Sunday strongly condemning recent deadly attacks targeting mining sites in eastern Ituri province.

This followed a rebel attack earlier this month on the Muchacha mining site operated by a Chinese company in the Mambasa territory.

The attack, which was attributed to the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), left several people dead, caused a fire in the facility and forced the displacement of civilian populations, according to the government.

Local media, citing civil society organizations, said the rebels killed seven people, abducted dozens, looted property and burnt houses as they fled.

The government “reaffirms its determination to relentlessly pursue terrorist groups and negative forces that threaten the security of the population until the complete restoration of full state authority in this part of the territory,” the statement said.

It claimed that the army destroyed several terrorist strongholds of the ADF and recovered significant quantities of explosives during recent combat operations in Ituri province, particularly in the Mambasa territory.

Eastern Congo is one of the hotbeds of armed attacks.

Last week, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said it was deeply concerned by the impact of continued violence on civilians in Ituri province.

Humanitarian partners reported that since early March, clashes in villages surrounding Djugu territory have killed at least 21 people and forced many families to flee, OCHA said.

Since 2021, Ugandan and Congolese forces have been conducting joint operations against the ADF rebels.

The group, which has been active in eastern Congo for several years, is affiliated with ISIS (Daesh).

It claimed responsibility Saturday for the attacks at the mining sites.

The Democratic Republic of Congo released a statement Sunday strongly condemning recent deadly attacks targeting mining sites in eastern Ituri province.

This followed a rebel attack earlier this month on the Muchacha mining site operated by a Chinese company in the Mambasa territory.

The attack, which was attributed to the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), left several people dead, caused a fire in the facility and forced the displacement of civilian populations, according to the government.

Local media, citing civil society organizations, said the rebels killed seven people, abducted dozens, looted property and burnt houses as they fled.

The government “reaffirms its determination to relentlessly pursue terrorist groups and negative forces that threaten the security of the population until the complete restoration of full state authority in this part of the territory,” the statement said.

It claimed that the army destroyed several terrorist strongholds of the ADF and recovered significant quantities of explosives during recent combat operations in Ituri province, particularly in the Mambasa territory.

Eastern Congo is one of the hotbeds of armed attacks.

Last week, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said it was deeply concerned by the impact of continued violence on civilians in Ituri province.

Humanitarian partners reported that since early March, clashes in villages surrounding Djugu territory have killed at least 21 people and forced many families to flee, OCHA said.

Since 2021, Ugandan and Congolese forces have been conducting joint operations against the ADF rebels.

The group, which has been active in eastern Congo for several years, is affiliated with ISIS (Daesh).

It claimed responsibility Saturday for the attacks at the mining sites.

Related Posts

World

James Robinson cause of death: What happened to the LIFE Today host? Details on TV pastor's passing

May 19, 2026
World

WHO declares Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda an international emergency

May 19, 2026
World

Two US military jets collide in mid-air in front of shocked spectators during air show

May 19, 2026
World

PM Narendra Modi Receives Norway’s Highest Civilian Honour Grand Cross, 32nd Global Award For Him

May 19, 2026
World

Madison tornado update: Wisconsin's Verona, Fitchburg, Monona under warning; twister to hit soon

May 19, 2026
World

US Secretary of State approves $25.8 billion in weapons sales to Middle East allies – report

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

My mother-in-law ruined my daughter’s pageant dress — Because she wasn’t her biological grandchild

by Vincent Uju
May 19, 2026
0

Sometimes, the people who are supposed to love us most turn out to be the cruelest. I never imagined anyone...

Read more

Forensic examiner tells court passport was forged in alleged London property case

May 19, 2026

Dapo Abiodun Wins Ogun East APC Senatorial Primary

May 19, 2026

Senate Rule Amendment Debate Should Focus on Institutional Growth — Eyiboh

May 19, 2026

APC Primaries: Powerful 50 Lawmakers Among Losers (FULL LIST)

May 19, 2026

James Robinson cause of death: What happened to the LIFE Today host? Details on TV pastor's passing

May 19, 2026

Man, 26, Arraigned For Allegedly Swindling Empire Trust Microfinance Bank Of N10m Via Loan

May 19, 2026

Akpabio emerges APC Akwa Ibom North West senatorial candidate

May 19, 2026

Candidate selection or civilian coup?, By Dakuku Peterside

May 19, 2026

BREAKING: APC Reps tickets: Protests, violence, disqualifications mar primaries

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World