GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

FG approves 40% peculiar allowance for civil servants after showdown threat

by Vincent Uju
May 13, 2026
in Latest
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Federal Government has officially approved the long-awaited 40 per cent peculiar allowance for federal civil servants following intense pressure and threats of industrial action by the organised labour.

The approval, Nggossips gathered, came after a marathon meeting on Tuesday personally presided over by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Esther Walson-Jack, at the Conference Hall of her office in Abuja.

At the meeting, the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission, NSIWC, it was learned, formally released the circular for the implementation of the allowance, bringing to an end nearly two years of agitation by workers over the delayed adjustment linked to the new N70,000 minimum wage structure.

Speaking during the meeting, Mrs Walson-Jack stressed the importance of strengthening communication and trust between government management teams and labour unions to avoid unnecessary industrial disputes.

She noted that while labour unions have the constitutional right to make demands, government agencies must also create room for dialogue and constructive engagement in order to sustain industrial harmony.
The meeting also provided an opportunity for the leadership of the Joint National Public Service Negotiating Council, JNPSNC, (Trade Union side) led by its National Chairman, Benjamin Uyanto, and the Executive Chairman of the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission, Mr Eyo Nta, to present their positions before the Head of Service intervened to broker an agreement acceptable to all parties.

Both Uyanto and Nta commended the Head of Service for her timely intervention, describing it as crucial in resolving the lingering dispute.

Following the deliberations, an implementable circular table for the 40 per cent peculiar allowance was officially presented to the leadership of the JNPSNC.

Confirming the development in an interview, the National Secretary of the JNPSNC (Trade Union side), Olowoyo Gbenga, described the outcome as a major victory for Nigerian workers and a positive step toward improving workers’ welfare amid the current economic hardship.

According to him, implementation of the allowance will take effect from May 1, 2026, after workers had waited since July 2024 for the adjustment to reflect the new minimum wage template.

He further urged state governments to adopt the circular to enable workers at the state and local government levels benefit from the relief package.

Olowoyo lamented the worsening economic realities facing workers and their dependents, stating that many families were struggling under severe financial pressure.

He also revealed that the JNPSNC had earlier fixed May 21 for a nationwide industrial showdown over the matter, accusing the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission of initially resisting responsibility.

However, he said the intervention of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation eventually saved the situation and restored confidence among workers.

“With this development, workers may likely sheath their swords and allow industrial peace to reign in the workplace,” he said.

Article FG approves 40% peculiar allowance for civil servants after showdown threat Live On NgGossips.

Related Posts

Latest

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026
Latest

NECA Leads Organized Businesses To Enugu Governor, Advocates Stronger Collaboration

May 18, 2026
Latest

‘I don’t hate Igbos’, UCTH CMD denies ethnic bias in House Officers recruitment

May 18, 2026
Latest

BREAKING: Full list: APC unveils names of disqualified Reps aspirants

May 18, 2026
Latest

Hamas Looking to Exploit Islamic Pilgrimage to Mecca in Order to Smuggle Funds to Gaza – Report

May 18, 2026
Latest

Elumelu Tells Macron, Ruto: ‘Africa Youth Don’t Need Handouts’

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

Sowore Alleges Assault on Lawyer by Court Security Personnel at Federal High Court

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Human rights activist and former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has alleged that security personnel at the Federal High Court physically...

Read more

Terrorists Strike Yobe Training School, 17 Police Trainees Killed

May 18, 2026

Nollywood Isn’t As Rich As You Think — Actress Shine Rosman Opens Up on Actors’ Financial Struggles

May 18, 2026

Is Anyone Looking at Your Bank Account?

May 18, 2026

Audre Lorde Age, Biography Update, Personal Life, Honours, Legacy, Last Years

May 18, 2026

Chinese Navy Tests Advanced New Missile Defence System For Fast Expanding Destroyer Fleet

May 18, 2026

WHO declares Ebola public health emergency of international concern

May 18, 2026

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026

Police recover stolen 10-day-old baby in Zamfara, nab suspect

May 18, 2026

S&P upgrades Nigeria’s credit rating to ‘B’, cites economic reforms

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World