GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

JUST IN: US, Nigerian troops have killed ISIS second-in-command – Trump

by News Break
May 16, 2026
in Reports
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, described as ISIS’s second-in-command globally, has been killed in Nigeria.

According to Trump, al-Minuki died during a “complex mission” involving both Nigerian and American troops.

The US president announced the development in a social media post early Saturday.

“Tonight, at my direction, brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulously planned and very complex mission to eliminate the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield,” Trump wrote.

“Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing.

“He will no longer terrorise the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans.

“With his removal, ISIS’s global operation is greatly diminished.”

Trump also expressed appreciation to the Nigerian government for its “partnership on this operation”.

US-Nigeria military cooperation

Nigeria strengthened military cooperation with the United States after Trump re-designated the country as a Country of Particular Concern (CPC).

In February, reports indicated that the US requested a drone refuelling station as part of the broader security partnership.

By March, the US had deployed several MQ-9 drones and about 200 troops to Nigeria to assist with training and intelligence support in operations against Islamist militants.

The Defence Headquarters said Nigerian and US forces would engage in joint training exercises and intelligence-focused cooperation initiatives.

Second high-profile US operation in Nigeria

Late last year, the US began intelligence-gathering flights across parts of Nigeria.

On Christmas Day, American forces launched strikes on two terrorist enclaves in the Bauni forest in Tangaza LGA of Sokoto State.

Initial reports claimed the attack involved more than a dozen Tomahawk cruise missiles fired from a naval vessel in the Gulf of Guinea.

However, officials familiar with the mission later said the strikes were carried out using drones.

Communities in Sokoto and Kwara states reported explosions around the same period the US launched air strikes targeting ISIS militants.

The federal government later confirmed that explosions reported in Kwara were caused by debris from precision-guided munitions (PGMs) used during the operation.

Related Posts

Reports

Mystique by Beguile Review: We’ve Been Shopping Wrong

May 18, 2026
Reports

US Encourages UAE to Grab Key Iranian Gulf Lavan Island Amid Escalating War

May 18, 2026
Reports

Rotten tomatoes harmful to health, Lagos warns residents

May 18, 2026
Reports

Love Currency: “We Love Each Other, but She’s Not Open About Her Finances”

May 18, 2026
Reports

Elimination of ISIS Second-in-Command: Sheikh Gumi Criticizes Certain Parties Involved

May 18, 2026
Reports

Seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo school attack – Makinde

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

Court Grants Bail to Detained Nigerian Activist, Justice Crack

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of Federal High Court, Abuja on Monday, May 18, granted bail in the sum of N5 million...

Read more

Tinubu Confirms Major US-Nigeria Strike as ISIS Top Commander Is Killed in Lake Chad Operation

May 18, 2026

APC Primaries: 12 House of Reps Members Lose Return Tickets, including Majority Leader

May 18, 2026

Mystique by Beguile Review: We’ve Been Shopping Wrong

May 18, 2026

APC clears Yahaya Bello, others for senatorial ticket

May 18, 2026

US Encourages UAE to Grab Key Iranian Gulf Lavan Island Amid Escalating War

May 18, 2026

French judge to probe journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s killing

May 18, 2026

Hamas Looking to Exploit Islamic Pilgrimage to Mecca in Order to Smuggle Funds to Gaza – Report

May 18, 2026

Police probe attack on officers in Abia

May 18, 2026

An Air Marshal goes AWOL

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World