GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

‘Misleading, incorrect’: Nepal govt rubbishes rumours on travel curbs for Indian visitors

by News Break
May 13, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Nepal government on Wednesday dismissed reports claiming that new travel restrictions had been imposed on Indian tourists, calling the information “entirely false, baseless and misleading.”

The Nepal’s Tourism Board said no such measures had been introduced and stressed that there had been no change to the long-standing open-border arrangements between India and Nepal. (AP)

The clarification came amid speculation that Nepal had introduced mandatory identity cards for Indians crossing the border, capped tourist stays at 30 days and authorised vehicle confiscation in cases of overstays.

The Nepal’s Tourism Board said no such measures had been introduced and stressed that there had been no change to the long-standing open-border arrangements between India and Nepal.

“The Government of Nepal has introduced no new policy restricting the duration of stay for Indian tourists, nor has any change been made to the longstanding open-border arrangements and bilateral understandings between Nepal and India. The historic people-to-people relations, cultural ties, and tourism cooperation between the two countries remain strong and unchanged,” it said in a statement.

Also Read | MEA reacts to reports of Nepal’s new custom rule causing outrage at Indo-Nepal border

Nepal govt’s new system to ease travel for Indians

The Nepal government also announced a new online facilitation system to ease travel for Indian tourists and other international visitors entering Nepal through land routes in private vehicles. Under the system, travellers can complete temporary entry permits and revenue payments online.

“Nepal Tourism Board strongly urges media organisations, digital platforms, tourism stakeholders, and the general public to refrain from spreading unverified information and to rely only on official government sources for accurate updates regarding tourism policies and travel regulations,” read the statement.

The clarification comes amid renewed tensions between India and Nepal after Kathmandu objected to India and China facilitating the Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage through the Lipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh district.

Nepal claimed the route passes through its territory and said it had not been consulted before the pilgrimage arrangements were finalised.

MEA’s response to Nepal question

,“We are ready to talk to them,” Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said while responding to queries regarding Nepal’s objections over the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra route through Lipulekh.

The Lipulekh dispute escalated in 2020 after Nepal released a revised political map showing Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura as part of its territory. India strongly objected to the move, saying it was inconsistent with historical facts and bilateral understandings.

Nepal has claimed that under the Sugauli Treaty of 1816, these three territories are integral parts of Nepal.

At the time, India firmly rejected Nepal’s move and said that the Nepalese government had released a revised official map that included parts of Indian territory.

“This unilateral act is not based on historical facts and evidence. It is contrary to the bilateral understanding to resolve the outstanding boundary issues through diplomatic dialogue. Such artificial enlargement of territorial claims will not be accepted by India,” the MEA had said.

Also Read | ‘Ready to talk with Nepal’: India open to resolve dispute over Lipulekh Pass, maintains stance on territorial claim

MEA received invite to visit Kathmandu

Highlighting the “multifaceted partnership” and close ties between India and Nepal, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Tuesday said New Delhi had received an invitation for Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri to visit Kathmandu, with dates to be finalised at the “mutual convenience” of both sides.

During the weekly media briefing, MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said bilateral engagement between the two neighbours has remained active and constructive since Balen Shah assumed office as Nepal’s Prime Minister, adding that both countries are “working closely to further deepen” their partnership.

Related Posts

World

Nuclear weapons ‘cornerstone’ of Russia’s national security: Kremlin

May 19, 2026
World

Trump issues dire warning to Iran to accept peace deal

May 19, 2026
World

Trump administration hosts White House Shabbat gathering for US 250th anniversary

May 19, 2026
World

Sexual misconduct scandals in Washington spark scramble for reforms, expedited investigations

May 19, 2026
World

Trump’s DOJ announces $1.7B fund to pay his allies who were ‘unfairly’ investigated by Democrats

May 19, 2026
World

Iranian parliament speaker appointed as special envoy to China: Report

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
World

Nuclear weapons ‘cornerstone’ of Russia’s national security: Kremlin

by News Break
May 19, 2026
0

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said Sunday that nuclear weapons are the "cornerstone" of Russia's national security, according to Russian media...

Read more

UN Africa Peace Ambassador Salutes DCP Mohammed Ahmadu

May 19, 2026

42 students Abducted by terrorists in Borno school attack – Senator Ndume

May 19, 2026

#NairaLife: She Went From ₦20k to ₦300k/Month, but Her Struggles Haven’t Changed

May 19, 2026

“The most desperate politician in the world” – Davido calls out former Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola

May 19, 2026

At Least 67 Individual Killed As JNIM Fighters Overrun Niger Military Base Near Mali Border In Fresh Attack

May 19, 2026

APC vows to reclaim Jigawa South-West Senate seat from PDP

May 19, 2026

My Son Was Playing Outside House When His Mother Called Him To Get Ready,Someone Took Him Away-Usman

May 19, 2026

Hoodlums rape Lagos sexagenarian to death

May 19, 2026

Catholic Church Charges Media to Uphold Truth, Amplify Unheard Voices

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World