GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

NAPTIP secures conviction of 2 guards over abuse of 6 year old girl

by Vincent Uju
May 15, 2026
in Latest
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

By Favour Ulebor, Abuja

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP, has secured the conviction and life imprisonment of two security guards for repeatedly raping a young girl over a six year period in Abuja.

In a press statement on Friday, signed by the Head of Press and Public Relations Unit of NAPTIP, Vincent Adekoye, NAPTIP disclosed that the convicts, James Sule, 30, and Adamu Yau, 25, were sentenced to life imprisonment without an option of fine by Justice S.M. Mayana of the Federal Capital Territory High Court 46, Apo, Abuja.

The agency said the two men were prosecuted under the provisions of the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act after investigations revealed that the victim, who was six years old when the abuse started in 2016, was repeatedly assaulted until the case was eventually reported in 2022.

NAPTIP noted that the abuse began after the victim’s grandmother asked Sule, who was then the family’s security guard, to repair a faulty toilet in their residence at Penthouse Estate, Lugbe, Abuja.

NAPTIP explained that while the grandmother was away in the kitchen, Sule allegedly lured the child into the toilet, assaulted her and threatened her with a knife to stop her from speaking out.

NAPTIP noted that Sule later introduced two other guards, Adamu Yau and one Muhammed, who is currently at large, into the abuse.

It reads, “Afterwards, he brought out a knife and threatened her not to tell anyone. This marked the beginning of repeated sexual abuse, fear, pain, and trauma that continued for six years.

“Together, they had sex with the victim whenever opportunities arose, threatening to kill and wipe out her entire family if she spoke to anyone about their act with her,” the agency added.

According to NAPTIP, the victim endured the abuse in silence for years until her parents noticed disturbing changes in her behaviour, including fear whenever Sule came near her and refusal to allow him escort her to school.

The agency explained that the girl eventually disclosed the abuse to a pastor during a visit to a prayer house, after which the matter was reported to the Association for Reproductive and Family Health, ARFH, and later transferred to NAPTIP for investigation.

NAPTIP noted that the suspects were arrested immediately and charged to court on February 9, 2023, before being arraigned on October 23, 2023.

NAPTIP said the prosecution presented five witnesses during the trial, including the victim’s mother, while medical evidence tendered before the court confirmed that the victim’s hymen had been breached.

Speaking on the judgment, the Director General of NAPTIP, Binta Adamu Bello, described the conviction as a strong warning to offenders across the country.

She urged parents and employers to properly screen domestic workers and service providers before employing them.

She said, “I am excited that indeed, adequate justice, which is commensurate with the magnitude of the crime committed by the convicts, was duly served on them. This will go a long way to assuage the pain and traumatic experience of the victim and her family.

“It is important to point out that this is one of the fallouts of our improved strategies aimed at tightening the noose on violators across the Country through stringent implementation and enforcement of the provisions of the VAPP Act to ensure the protection of all Nigerians. It will no longer be business as usual for them.

“I also want to use this medium to appeal again to all Nigerians, especially parents, school owners, and other stakeholders, to ensure that they carry out due diligence and strict profiling on any service providers before employing them. These service providers include Drivers, Security Guards, Home Lesson Teachers, babysitters, Cooks, and others,” she added.

The mother of the victim also expressed appreciation to NAPTIP and the prosecution team for ensuring justice for her daughter.

NAPTIP confirmed that the convicts have been transferred to Kuje Correctional Centre where they will serve their life sentences.

Article NAPTIP secures conviction of 2 guards over abuse of 6 year old girl Live On NgGossips.

Related Posts

Latest

Tinubu:If I defeat him, he will work with me, and if he wins, I will support and work with him—Osifo

May 18, 2026
Latest

Oyo State Govt Collaborates With World Bank, IFC On Ibadan Green City Action Plan

May 18, 2026
Latest

BREAKING: Obasa secures Reps ticket

May 18, 2026
Latest

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026
Latest

NECA Leads Organized Businesses To Enugu Governor, Advocates Stronger Collaboration

May 18, 2026
Latest

‘I don’t hate Igbos’, UCTH CMD denies ethnic bias in House Officers recruitment

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
National

William Lloyd Garrison biography update, age, early life, marriage, death

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

William Lloyd Garrison (December 10, 1805 – May 24, 1879) was an American abolitionist, journalist, and social reformer. He founded...

Read more

IRAN Warns: Next US-Israeli Escalation May Involve Ground Invasion of Key Sites

May 18, 2026

Lagos Warns Against Consumption of Spoiled Tomatoes

May 18, 2026

Tinubu:If I defeat him, he will work with me, and if he wins, I will support and work with him—Osifo

May 18, 2026

Abuja building collapse kills five, 10 rescued as search continues

May 18, 2026

Cleric Charges Christians to Participate in Politics

May 18, 2026

Petrol hits N1,413/litre in Maiduguri amid US-Iran tensions

May 18, 2026

Davido’s ’S Bodyguard Praised After Tackling Man Who Pushed Singer

May 18, 2026

“I Did Not Participate” — Cubana Chief Priest Says He Withdrew From APC Primary After Uzodimma Announced Zoning Position

May 18, 2026

What The Electoral Act, 2026 Says About Primary Elections.

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World