GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

US Army ignoring safety concerns before Iranian strike led to mass casualty, soldiers say – report

by News Break
May 22, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

At least one soldier who was killed in the Iranian strike on a US military outpost in Kuwait could have survived if requests for medical supplies weeks before had not been ignored, survivors said, in a report CBS published on Tuesday. 

According to several soldiers, neither their unit nor the facility was prepared for the strike, which killed six US soldiers and wounded 20, the day after the war began on March 1.

The unit had expressed concerns weeks before about both the number of medical personnel on hand and the availability and accessibility of medical supplies, CBS wrote. They received no response.

Additionally, Master Sergeant Ann Marie Carrier told CBS that the Army had no plan for a mass-casualty event and that there were no run-throughs or rehearsals before the start of Operation Epic Fury. 

“We didn’t have any training,” Carrier said. “There was really nothing in place for something like that to happen.”

US Army Reserve Sgt. 1st Class Nicole Amor, 39, of White Bear Lake, Minnesota poses in an undated photograph in her uniform. Amor was killed March 1, 2026, at the Port of Shuaiba, Kuwait during a drone attack. (credit: US Army Reserve/Handout via REUTERS)

Civilian vans used to reach local hospital 

According to CBS, Carrier described the aftermath of the strike as unorganized and chaotic, with soldiers commandeering civilian vans and trying to find a local hospital for the wounded.

Major Stephen Ramsbottom told CBS that he believed one of the fallen soldiers, Master Seargant Nicole Amor, could have survived if there had been more medical personnel and supplies at the post.

Amor was one of the wounded who had to be transported in a civilian van. According to Carrier, when they set out for the hospital, Amor was still breathing. However, while a medic did join them, he did not have the proper supplies to treat or stabilize her, and she was no longer breathing when they reached the hospital.

“I think if she would have gotten an ambulance, I think she might have lived,” Ramsbottom told CBS.

US intelligence warned as early as January that the post would be an Iranian target, CBS cited several sources as saying, and several soldiers began to ask leadership for more drone defense. 

Article was structured with concrete barriers around the building to shield soldiers from mortar and rocket fire, but it had little in the way of aerial defense, soldiers said.

“We had no overhead protection to keep anything from falling on us. We had a tin roof. That’s all we had,” Ramsbottom said.

However, they were told not to worry about protection, he added.

Pentagon claims drone got through fortified defenses

The Pentagon has maintained that the department had taken great steps to protect US soldiers before and during Operation Epic Fury.

“No plan is ever perfect, but accusations suggesting blatant disregard for the safety of our forces are unfounded and inaccurate,” wrote Captain Tim Hawkins of US Central Command in a statement, according to CBS.

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth described the drone as a “squirter” the day after the attack, explaining that it had squirted through the defenses of a protected unit. 

Hawkins wrote that an investigation into the attack is ongoing.

Related Posts

World

'We may have to hit Iran harder, but…': Trump says amid reports of breakthrough

May 22, 2026
World

Ukrainian MP says lifting sanctions on Russian oil puts ‘question mark’ over friendship with UK

May 22, 2026
World

India, African Union Postpone New Delhi Summit Amid Ebola Outbreak

May 22, 2026
World

How Venezuela has – and hasn’t – changed since Maduro’s capture

May 22, 2026
World

Kentucky 4th district: Thomas Massie hits back at Trump as primary polls heat up; Candace Owens lends surprising support

May 22, 2026
World

Gaza flotilla leader linked to Hamas, PFLP leaders sanctioned by US Treasury

May 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Society

Tinubu Has No Plan To Rename Nigeria, Abolish Sharia Law — Presidency

by News Break
May 22, 2026
0

 The Presidency has dismissed as false a viral report claiming that President Bola Tinubu plans to initiate constitutional amendments aimed...

Read more

Olubadan Stops Demolition of 186 Houses in Ibadan Community

May 22, 2026

BREAKING: ADC Screens Atiku, Hayatu-Deen as Presidential Race Heats Up Ahead of 2027

May 22, 2026

'We may have to hit Iran harder, but…': Trump says amid reports of breakthrough

May 22, 2026

Updated: APC declares Hamzat Lagos governorship candidate for 2027

May 22, 2026

BREAKING: Phone-Tapping Charge: Court grants El-Rufai N100m bail, seizes passport

May 22, 2026

Malnutrition: MSF treated over 60,000 Zamfara children in 2025

May 22, 2026

JAMB releases 279 withheld UTME results after malpractice review

May 22, 2026

US Army ignoring safety concerns before Iranian strike led to mass casualty, soldiers say – report

May 22, 2026

Ukrainian MP says lifting sanctions on Russian oil puts ‘question mark’ over friendship with UK

May 22, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World