GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Uzodimma didn’t divert ₦800bn – S/East APC

by Vincent Uju
May 13, 2026
in Latest
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The South East Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) says the N800 billion fund diversion allegation against Gov. Hope Uzodimma of Imo is spurious and baseless.

It also stated that Uzodimma remained unwavering in his commitment to delivering good governance, sustainable development, and improved welfare for the people of Imo.

The chapter made this known in a statement signed by Dr Ijeomah Arodiogbu, National Vice-Chairman (South-East), APC in Lagos on Wednesday.

The chapter said the allegations were politically masterminded, especially following Uzodimma’s indication to contest the Imo East senatorial seat in 2027.

“Uzodimma remains unwavering in his commitment to delivering good governance, sustainable development, and improved welfare for the people of Imo, and  will not be distracted by such baseless accusations.”

The APC South East said it had observed the campaign since Uzodimma indicated interest to heed the call of his constituents to return to the Senate.

It stressed that the governor, like every other eligible citizen, is constitutionally qualified to contest a senatorial election.

“While every Nigerian has the right of opinion, that should not be a justification to blackmail a citizen who is exercising his constitutional right,” it further stated.

Recall that Uzodimma was accused of diverting N800 billion purportedly contributed by the Progressive Governors Forum (PGF) for President Bola Tinubu’s re-election campaign, creating crisis in the group.

The chapter described the claims as factually incorrect and logically untenable, noting that no formal campaign fund for the president’s re-election had been established since the electioneering period had not commenced.

“With the legal restriction on political campaigns still in force until September, it is practically impossible to divert or misappropriate resources for an exercise that has neither started nor reached any stage requiring funding,” it said.

It added that the PGF was not a campaign organisation and never functioned as one, stressing that any financial contributions or donations intended for the president’s re-election would be directed to the official presidential campaign organisation, not domiciled in the PGF account.

On the ₦800 billion figure, the APC South East said the arithmetic exposed the absurdity of the allegation as it would mean each of the 31 PGF members contributed about ₦26 billion.

“This figure is not only unrealistic but laughable. No governor, regardless of political affiliation, would commit such a colossal sum to a national campaign while simultaneously prosecuting re-election or other critical state-level political activities,” it stated.

The chapter said Uzodimma had consistently maintained an enviable record of transparency and accountability throughout his public service career and had never been credibly linked to financial impropriety.

It advised oppositions to desist from discrediting prominent APC leaders, noting that responsible mainstream media had ignored the report due to its lack of substance.

The APC South East urged those behind the campaign to redirect their energy and resources towards offering Nigerians credible policy alternatives, innovative programmes, and tangible solutions to the nation’s challenges, rather than wasting time and effort on fictitious propaganda.”

“Nigerians are sophisticated enough to distinguish between genuine governance and cheap political fiction,” the chapter stated. 

(NAN) 

Article Uzodimma didn’t divert ₦800bn – S/East APC Live On NgGossips.

Related Posts

Latest

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026
Latest

NECA Leads Organized Businesses To Enugu Governor, Advocates Stronger Collaboration

May 18, 2026
Latest

‘I don’t hate Igbos’, UCTH CMD denies ethnic bias in House Officers recruitment

May 18, 2026
Latest

BREAKING: Full list: APC unveils names of disqualified Reps aspirants

May 18, 2026
Latest

Hamas Looking to Exploit Islamic Pilgrimage to Mecca in Order to Smuggle Funds to Gaza – Report

May 18, 2026
Latest

Elumelu Tells Macron, Ruto: ‘Africa Youth Don’t Need Handouts’

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

Sowore Alleges Assault on Lawyer by Court Security Personnel at Federal High Court

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Human rights activist and former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has alleged that security personnel at the Federal High Court physically...

Read more

Terrorists Strike Yobe Training School, 17 Police Trainees Killed

May 18, 2026

Nollywood Isn’t As Rich As You Think — Actress Shine Rosman Opens Up on Actors’ Financial Struggles

May 18, 2026

Is Anyone Looking at Your Bank Account?

May 18, 2026

Audre Lorde Age, Biography Update, Personal Life, Honours, Legacy, Last Years

May 18, 2026

Chinese Navy Tests Advanced New Missile Defence System For Fast Expanding Destroyer Fleet

May 18, 2026

WHO declares Ebola public health emergency of international concern

May 18, 2026

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026

Police recover stolen 10-day-old baby in Zamfara, nab suspect

May 18, 2026

S&P upgrades Nigeria’s credit rating to ‘B’, cites economic reforms

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World