GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Why I’m seeking to contest for fourth term — Desmond Elliot

by News Break
May 15, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Lagos lawmaker, Desmond Elliot, has explained the reasons behind his motive to contest for the fourth time as a member representing Surulere constituency 1 in the state assembly.

Elliot, while campaigning to his constituents on Friday, highlighted his interest in becoming a principal officer in the assembly as the key reason.

In a video that went viral on X, he also urged his supporters to be wary of intimidation coming from the other camps.

Before the campaign, there had been indications that All Progressives Congress stakeholders, including supporters of Gbajabiamila, are throwing their weight behind a former aide to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, one Barakat Odunuga-Bakare, to contest against Elliot in the party primary for the 2027 Lagos State House of Assembly election.

Reacting, he said, “The question is, ‘what am I looking for in the fourth term that I am being intimidated to step down’. Don’t accept it, you have invested so much in me. There is a high chance that I will become a principal officer.

“On the 21st of May (primary election), stand your ground, come out in your large numbers to vote for me, and I will emerge victorious.”

The three-time lawmaker further quoted Psalm 121 while emphasising his confidence in God to help him fight the internal battle, saying, “One with God is the majority.”

The Nollywood star earlier today publicly apologised to Femi Gbajabiamila, his supposed political mentor and the Chief of Staff to President Bola Tinubu, saying he may have offended him in the course of his political engagements.

He made the apology during an appearance on TVC’s Your View on Friday, where he said any misunderstanding was unintentional and insisted he remained committed to party unity and development in his constituency.

His apology comes amid previous political tensions linked to the Lagos State House of Assembly leadership crisis, during which Gbajabiamila had revealed that he nearly lost his position at the Presidency due to allegations tied to Elliot’s political activities.

Gbajabiamila had said President Bola Tinubu confronted him over intelligence reports suggesting Elliot’s involvement in moves around the Assembly speakership tussle, a claim he denied at the time.

Speaking on the programme, Elliot said he grew into politics under the guidance of a senior colleague he described as his “egbon”, adding that emotions and misunderstandings may have contributed to past friction.

“I’m not saying, oh, yes, media will come out, oh yes, Desmond begs again. Yes, because he’s my egbon. And I grew up learning everything I knew in politics through him,” he said.

He added that human error could not be ruled out in political relationships.

Lagos lawmaker, Desmond Elliot, has explained the reasons behind his motive to contest for the fourth time as a member representing Surulere constituency 1 in the state assembly.

Elliot, while campaigning to his constituents on Friday, highlighted his interest in becoming a principal officer in the assembly as the key reason.

In a video that went viral on X, he also urged his supporters to be wary of intimidation coming from the other camps.

Before the campaign, there had been indications that All Progressives Congress stakeholders, including supporters of Gbajabiamila, are throwing their weight behind a former aide to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, one Barakat Odunuga-Bakare, to contest against Elliot in the party primary for the 2027 Lagos State House of Assembly election.

Reacting, he said, “The question is, ‘what am I looking for in the fourth term that I am being intimidated to step down’. Don’t accept it, you have invested so much in me. There is a high chance that I will become a principal officer.

“On the 21st of May (primary election), stand your ground, come out in your large numbers to vote for me, and I will emerge victorious.”

The three-time lawmaker further quoted Psalm 121 while emphasising his confidence in God to help him fight the internal battle, saying, “One with God is the majority.”

The Nollywood star earlier today publicly apologised to Femi Gbajabiamila, his supposed political mentor and the Chief of Staff to President Bola Tinubu, saying he may have offended him in the course of his political engagements.

He made the apology during an appearance on TVC’s Your View on Friday, where he said any misunderstanding was unintentional and insisted he remained committed to party unity and development in his constituency.

His apology comes amid previous political tensions linked to the Lagos State House of Assembly leadership crisis, during which Gbajabiamila had revealed that he nearly lost his position at the Presidency due to allegations tied to Elliot’s political activities.

Gbajabiamila had said President Bola Tinubu confronted him over intelligence reports suggesting Elliot’s involvement in moves around the Assembly speakership tussle, a claim he denied at the time.

Speaking on the programme, Elliot said he grew into politics under the guidance of a senior colleague he described as his “egbon”, adding that emotions and misunderstandings may have contributed to past friction.

“I’m not saying, oh, yes, media will come out, oh yes, Desmond begs again. Yes, because he’s my egbon. And I grew up learning everything I knew in politics through him,” he said.

He added that human error could not be ruled out in political relationships.

Related Posts

News

Africa Soft Power Summit: The Room Where Africa’s Growth Story Gets Rewritten

May 18, 2026
News

Lagos Warns Against Consumption of Spoiled Tomatoes

May 18, 2026
News

Abuja building collapse kills five, 10 rescued as search continues

May 18, 2026
News

What The Electoral Act, 2026 Says About Primary Elections.

May 18, 2026
News

“I Did Not Participate” — Cubana Chief Priest Says He Withdrew From APC Primary After Uzodimma Announced Zoning Position

May 18, 2026
News

2027: Court sets date to determine Jonathan’s eligibility to contest

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Latest

Obi’s Exit Rattled Our National Chairman, I Have Not Seen Him Since I Came Back To Nigeria -Nwosu

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

Chief Ralph Nwosu, the founding chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), has disclosed that the departure of Peter Obi...

Read more

Osun: Accord fumes over ‘second attack’ on Adeleke campaign office

May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Tinubu’s administration has destroyed democracy – Galadima

May 18, 2026

Africa Soft Power Summit: The Room Where Africa’s Growth Story Gets Rewritten

May 18, 2026

Gunshots, chaos disrupt Ondo APC senatorial primary election

May 18, 2026

Spainish PM Pedro Sánchez defends Spain’s Eurovision boycott over Israel’s participation

May 18, 2026

Stray bullet from Air Force machine gun exercise struck landscaper, lawsuit says

May 18, 2026

Global Health Alert: WHO Assembly Begins Amid Hantavirus And Ebola Outbreaks

May 18, 2026

Vatican sets up AI commission amid concerns over rapid technological change

May 18, 2026

Schools Must Never Become Theatres of Fear — Gbenga Hashim Reacts to Fresh Abductions

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World