GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

“Withdraw Immediately” — Nasarawa Govt Orders Lideal Mines To Vacate Site, Deploys Security After Court Ruling

by Vincent Uju
May 13, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Nasarawa State Government has directed immediate cessation of activities by Lideal Mines Company in its site within Endo Community, Udege Development Area of Nasarawa Local Government Area of the state.

The Commissioner of Environment and Natural Resources, Margaret Elayo, attributed the directive to the failure of the company to comply with an earlier agreement reached between the government and the affected company.

She briefed journalists on the development on Wednesday in Lafia.

She said the state government had earlier shut the company’s activities, but the management went to court seeking an injunction to invalidate the action.

Explaining further, she noted that the state government had to file a counter which the Federal High Court in Lafia ruled in its favour thereby necessitating the current action.

“Following a series of engagements, stakeholder consultations, security reports, and developments surrounding mining activities within the affected cadastral units, the Nasarawa State Government has directed Lideal Mines Company to immediately commence the withdrawal of all its operational facilities, mining equipment, machinery, trucks, and personnel from the site.

“This action is in line with the commitment of the administration of His Excellency to uphold lawful mining practices, maintain peace within host communities, and ensure strict compliance with government directives and established operational procedures within the state.

“Accordingly, the state government intends to grant the company a stipulated period, to fully comply with the directive and conclude all withdrawal activities from the mining location,” she stated.

The commissioner said the decision by the state government is in the overriding public interest and in furtherance of ongoing efforts to reposition the mining sector toward responsible investment, local value addition, community participation, and sustainable economic development.

“His Excellency has consistently maintained that mining activities within the state must align with the policy direction of the government, particularly the requirement for investors to establish functional processing facilities that directly benefit host communities and contribute meaningfully to the state’s economy.

“In furtherance of this directive, the state government shall immediately deploy security personnel to the mining site to ensure total compliance with the directive of His Excellency and to prevent any unauthorized activity at the location. The deployment will involve relevant security agencies mandated to maintain law and order and secure government interests within the affected area.

“The Nasarawa State Government remains committed to creating an enabling environment for genuine investors while also ensuring that all operators comply with the laws, policies, and developmental objectives of the state. We therefore urge all stakeholders, including host communities and mining operators, to remain peaceful, law-abiding, and cooperative as the government continues to implement reforms aimed at strengthening the mining sector for the collective benefit of the people of Nasarawa State,” he noted.

Tags: special reports

Related Posts

News

Lagos Warns Against Consumption of Spoiled Tomatoes

May 18, 2026
News

Abuja building collapse kills five, 10 rescued as search continues

May 18, 2026
News

What The Electoral Act, 2026 Says About Primary Elections.

May 18, 2026
News

“I Did Not Participate” — Cubana Chief Priest Says He Withdrew From APC Primary After Uzodimma Announced Zoning Position

May 18, 2026
News

2027: Court sets date to determine Jonathan’s eligibility to contest

May 18, 2026
News

Ugandan President signs controversial bill to curb foreign influence, political funding

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Reports

IRAN Warns: Next US-Israeli Escalation May Involve Ground Invasion of Key Sites

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

Iranian leaders accuse the US of using negotiations as cover while secretly planning ground moves.LImited special operations may involve;Seizing or...

Read more

Lagos Warns Against Consumption of Spoiled Tomatoes

May 18, 2026

Tinubu:If I defeat him, he will work with me, and if he wins, I will support and work with him—Osifo

May 18, 2026

Abuja building collapse kills five, 10 rescued as search continues

May 18, 2026

Cleric Charges Christians to Participate in Politics

May 18, 2026

Petrol hits N1,413/litre in Maiduguri amid US-Iran tensions

May 18, 2026

Davido’s ’S Bodyguard Praised After Tackling Man Who Pushed Singer

May 18, 2026

“I Did Not Participate” — Cubana Chief Priest Says He Withdrew From APC Primary After Uzodimma Announced Zoning Position

May 18, 2026

What The Electoral Act, 2026 Says About Primary Elections.

May 18, 2026

Plateau Rep loses APC return ticket

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World