GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Breaking: In Joint Operation, US, Nigeria Forces Kill ISIS’ Second in Command, Says Trump

by News Break
May 16, 2026
in Headlines
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

President Donald Trump has announced that United States and Nigerian forces jointly carried out a military operation that killed a top ISIS commander identified as Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, whom he described as the terrorist group’s second-in-command globally.

Trump disclosed this in a post on his Truth Social platform late Friday, stating that the operation was conducted at his direction and involved what he called a “meticulously planned and very complex mission.”

According to the US president, the operation was executed by “brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria” and successfully eliminated what he described as “the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield.”

Trump identified the slain militant as Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, alleging that he had been hiding in Africa while coordinating terrorist activities linked to the Islamic State group.

“Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing,” Trump wrote.

He added that the ISIS leader “will no longer terrorize the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans,” stressing that the operation had significantly weakened the global network of the terrorist organisation.

“With his removal, ISIS’s global operation is greatly diminished,” Trump said, while also thanking the Nigerian government for its cooperation in the mission.

“Thank you to the Government of Nigeria for your partnership on this operation. GOD BLESS AMERICA!” the US president added.

The announcement marks the latest military action ordered by Trump against suspected ISIS militants operating in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa.

In December, Trump said he had authorised a “powerful and deadly strike against ISIS” in northwestern Nigeria, accusing the terrorist group of targeting and killing innocent Christians in the region.

As of the time of filing this report, Nigerian authorities had not issued an official statement confirming details of the latest operation or the reported death of the ISIS commander.

See Trump’s full statement on Truth Social media below

Related Posts

Headlines

Court Grants Bail to Detained Nigerian Activist, Justice Crack

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Tinubu Confirms Major US-Nigeria Strike as ISIS Top Commander Is Killed in Lake Chad Operation

May 18, 2026
Headlines

APC Primaries: 12 House of Reps Members Lose Return Tickets, including Majority Leader

May 18, 2026
Headlines

SERAP Urges INEC to Probe Alleged N800bn FAAC Diversion for Campaign Funding

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Gatundu family worried after son who vanished 10 years ago spotted working on farm in Congo

May 18, 2026
Headlines

How Nigerian, US Forces Storm Lake Chad Islands, Kill Top ISIS Commander in Fierce 3-Hour Battle

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

Court Grants Bail to Detained Nigerian Activist, Justice Crack

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of Federal High Court, Abuja on Monday, May 18, granted bail in the sum of N5 million...

Read more

Tinubu Confirms Major US-Nigeria Strike as ISIS Top Commander Is Killed in Lake Chad Operation

May 18, 2026

APC Primaries: 12 House of Reps Members Lose Return Tickets, including Majority Leader

May 18, 2026

Mystique by Beguile Review: We’ve Been Shopping Wrong

May 18, 2026

APC clears Yahaya Bello, others for senatorial ticket

May 18, 2026

US Encourages UAE to Grab Key Iranian Gulf Lavan Island Amid Escalating War

May 18, 2026

French judge to probe journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s killing

May 18, 2026

Hamas Looking to Exploit Islamic Pilgrimage to Mecca in Order to Smuggle Funds to Gaza – Report

May 18, 2026

Police probe attack on officers in Abia

May 18, 2026

An Air Marshal goes AWOL

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World