GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

El-Rufai’s family accuses ICPC of denying him food, medical access

by News Break
May 16, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The allegation was contained in a statement issued by his son, Mohammed El-Rufai, who described the development as “an outright assault on the rule of law” and a violation of the former governor’s constitutional rights.

The family of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, on Friday accused the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) of denying him access to food and medical care in detention.

According to the lawmaker, two incidents occurred on Thursday at the ICPC headquarters involving El-Rufai’s doctor and wife.

He said the former governor’s personal doctor visited the anti-graft agency around 3 p.m. to discuss the outcome of recent medical tests conducted on him, but was denied access by officials.

The family alleged that ICPC operatives insisted that a written approval from the commission’s chairman was required before the doctor could see Mr El-Rufai, despite a subsisting court order granting him unrestricted access to his medical team.

The statement further claimed that Mr El-Rufai’s wife, Aichatou, arrived at the commission’s office around 7 p.m. on Friday with his evening meal but was also turned back by security personnel.

According to the family, officials told her they had been directed not to allow food deliveries after 6:30 p.m.

In a video shared on social media and seen by PREMIUM TIMES, Mrs El-Rufai is standing outside the ICPC office, holding a flask of food, while speaking to the camera.

“I am here since 7 p.m. and the security at the ICPC denied me access to my husband,” she said in the video.

“Here is his food. They said they have been ordered not to allow me access to the building.”

Mohammed El-Rufai said the restriction was arbitrary and unjustifiable, insisting that no lawful detention permits the denial of medical care or family access.

“These acts are an outright assault on the rule of law and a clear violation of our father’s constitutional and human rights,” he said.

“We demand that all his constitutional rights be fully respected. We will no longer accept this pattern of intimidation dressed up as protocol.”

Mr El-Rufai was arrested by ICPC operatives as part of an investigation into alleged financial improprieties and abuse of office linked to contracts and public expenditure during his tenure as Kaduna governor between 2015 and 2023.

The anti-corruption agency subsequently obtained a remand order keeping him in custody pending the conclusion of the investigations.

His arrest has continued to generate political and legal controversy, with supporters describing the move as politically motivated, while critics insist the former governor should answer questions relating to his administration’s handling of state finances.

Since his detention, his family and associates have repeatedly raised concerns over his health condition and treatment in custody.

The Federal High Court had reportedly ordered that Mr El-Rufai be granted access to his doctors and legal team while in detention.

Efforts to get an official response from the ICPC were unsuccessful as of the time of filing this report.

Calls to the commission’s publicly available contact numbers went unanswered, while no official statement had been issued regarding the allegations by the El-Rufai family.

Related Posts

News

French judge to probe journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s killing

May 18, 2026
News

Police probe attack on officers in Abia

May 18, 2026
News

“One-Year Filming Ban” — Kano Censorship Board Suspends Amina Uba Hassan, Adam Garba Over Alleged Immoral Video

May 18, 2026
News

Saudi Arabia declares first day of Dhul Hijjah 1447 AH

May 18, 2026
News

EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram convict bagged degree during life sentence for church bombing – Court document

May 18, 2026
News

Youths protest, set Gwarzo LG building ablaze over rising insecurity 

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
World

US-Iran War: Coercion Can’t Calm Hormuz. Innovation Might

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

The Strait of Hormuz has evolved from a regional maritime chokepoint into the central geopolitical fault line of the global...

Read more

Israel claims it killed commander of Hamas military wing

May 18, 2026

Court Grants Bail to Detained Nigerian Activist, Justice Crack

May 18, 2026

Tinubu Confirms Major US-Nigeria Strike as ISIS Top Commander Is Killed in Lake Chad Operation

May 18, 2026

APC Primaries: 12 House of Reps Members Lose Return Tickets, including Majority Leader

May 18, 2026

Mystique by Beguile Review: We’ve Been Shopping Wrong

May 18, 2026

APC clears Yahaya Bello, others for senatorial ticket

May 18, 2026

US Encourages UAE to Grab Key Iranian Gulf Lavan Island Amid Escalating War

May 18, 2026

French judge to probe journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s killing

May 18, 2026

Hamas Looking to Exploit Islamic Pilgrimage to Mecca in Order to Smuggle Funds to Gaza – Report

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World