GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Youths protest, set Gwarzo LG building ablaze over rising insecurity 

by News Break
May 18, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Tension erupted in Gwarzo, the headquarters of Gwarzo Local Government, on Sunday following a violent protest over worsening insecurity, as angry youths allegedly set part of a government building ablaze.

The protest, which began as a peaceful demonstration, was triggered by repeated bandit attacks in the area, which residents say have left communities in fear and desperation.

Eyewitnesses said hundreds of youths took to the streets earlier in the day, chanting slogans and demanding immediate government intervention to address the growing security crisis.

The protesters were reported to have marched towards the Local Government Secretariat, where the situation allegedly escalated after some of the youths forced their way into parts of the premises.

Shortly after, a section of the building was set on fire, sending thick smoke into the air as residents and passers-by fled the scene in panic.

One resident who witnessed the incident said the anger had been building for weeks. “People are tired of sleeping in fear. The attacks have become too frequent, and there is no strong response. That is why the youths reacted this way,” he said.

Another community member appealed for calm, warning that the destruction of public property could worsen the situation.

“We understand the frustration, but violence will not solve the problem. What we need is dialogue and urgent security action,” he added.

Security operatives were later deployed across Gwarzo to restore order and prevent further escalation, as authorities reportedly moved to contain the unrest and investigate the incident.

Related Posts

News

“One-Year Filming Ban” — Kano Censorship Board Suspends Amina Uba Hassan, Adam Garba Over Alleged Immoral Video

May 18, 2026
News

Saudi Arabia declares first day of Dhul Hijjah 1447 AH

May 18, 2026
News

EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram convict bagged degree during life sentence for church bombing – Court document

May 18, 2026
News

Lagos donates vehicles, others to new police violent crime unit

May 18, 2026
News

“A Private Life Until The End” — Family Says Alexx Ekubo Was Married, Had A Child Before His Passing

May 18, 2026
News

Incumbent Ebonyi Reps members win in APC primaries

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
News

“One-Year Filming Ban” — Kano Censorship Board Suspends Amina Uba Hassan, Adam Garba Over Alleged Immoral Video

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

The Kano State Censorship Board has suspended two film actors, Amina Uba Hassan and Adam Garba, for the alleged release...

Read more

Former Abia Speaker, Chinedum Orji Wins APC House Of Reps Ticket

May 18, 2026

SERAP Urges INEC to Probe Alleged N800bn FAAC Diversion for Campaign Funding

May 18, 2026

Saudi Arabia declares first day of Dhul Hijjah 1447 AH

May 18, 2026

Gatundu family worried after son who vanished 10 years ago spotted working on farm in Congo

May 18, 2026

Russian Drone Hit Chinese Cargo Ship Overnight In Black Sea — Ukraine

May 18, 2026

Manchester City Clinch 8th FA Cup Title, Seal Domestic Double in Commanding Season

May 18, 2026

ICYMI: Pastor Adeboye Finally Names Anointed Nigeria’s Next President (VIDEO)

May 18, 2026

Nancy Guthrie update: Shocking ‘somewhere around her home’ claim sparks reactions

May 18, 2026

Elumelu Tells Macron, Ruto: ‘Africa Youth Don’t Need Handouts’

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World