GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Germany calls for probe of alleged Israeli torture and mistreatment of Palestinian detainees

by News Break
May 14, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Germany on Wednesday called for an investigation following a New York Times report about alleged Israeli torture and mistreatment of Palestinian detainees.

“We have, of course, taken note of these reports. As a matter of principle, the federal government condemns sexual violence in all contexts. We do not have any information of our own regarding the cases mentioned, which is why it is absolutely crucial that these allegations be investigated and that the perpetrators be held accountable,” said foreign ministry spokesman Martin Giese at a press briefing in Berlin.

Asked whether the German government would support independent bodies gaining access to prisons in Israel to investigate the matter, Giese replied, “Well, this is a policy that the federal government has been pursuing for a long time. We are committed to ensuring that the International Committee of the Red Cross has access to Palestinian prisoners.”

On Sunday, a New York Times opinion columnist alleged that Palestinian detainees have been subjected to widespread sexual violence by Israeli prison guards, soldiers, occupiers, and interrogators, citing interviews with former detainees and findings from rights groups.

In a column titled The Silence That Meets the Rape of Palestinians, columnist Nicholas Kristof said he interviewed 14 Palestinian men and women who described sexual assaults and other abuse during detention or attacks by Israeli forces and settlers.

Kristof wrote that there was “no evidence that Israeli leaders order rapes,” but argued that Israeli authorities had built “a security apparatus where sexual violence has become,” citing a UN report, one of Israel’s “standard operating procedures.”

The article included testimonies from former detainees who alleged rape, beatings, threats of sexual violence, and humiliation during imprisonment.

Kristof cited reports by organizations, including Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor, Save the Children, B’Tselem, and the Committee to Protect Journalists, documenting allegations of sexual abuse and mistreatment of Palestinian detainees.

Kristof also referenced a 49-page UN report published last year that accused Israel of “systematically” subjecting Palestinians to “sexualized torture.”

Germany on Wednesday called for an investigation following a New York Times report about alleged Israeli torture and mistreatment of Palestinian detainees.

“We have, of course, taken note of these reports. As a matter of principle, the federal government condemns sexual violence in all contexts. We do not have any information of our own regarding the cases mentioned, which is why it is absolutely crucial that these allegations be investigated and that the perpetrators be held accountable,” said foreign ministry spokesman Martin Giese at a press briefing in Berlin.

Asked whether the German government would support independent bodies gaining access to prisons in Israel to investigate the matter, Giese replied, “Well, this is a policy that the federal government has been pursuing for a long time. We are committed to ensuring that the International Committee of the Red Cross has access to Palestinian prisoners.”

On Sunday, a New York Times opinion columnist alleged that Palestinian detainees have been subjected to widespread sexual violence by Israeli prison guards, soldiers, occupiers, and interrogators, citing interviews with former detainees and findings from rights groups.

In a column titled The Silence That Meets the Rape of Palestinians, columnist Nicholas Kristof said he interviewed 14 Palestinian men and women who described sexual assaults and other abuse during detention or attacks by Israeli forces and settlers.

Kristof wrote that there was “no evidence that Israeli leaders order rapes,” but argued that Israeli authorities had built “a security apparatus where sexual violence has become,” citing a UN report, one of Israel’s “standard operating procedures.”

The article included testimonies from former detainees who alleged rape, beatings, threats of sexual violence, and humiliation during imprisonment.

Kristof cited reports by organizations, including Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor, Save the Children, B’Tselem, and the Committee to Protect Journalists, documenting allegations of sexual abuse and mistreatment of Palestinian detainees.

Kristof also referenced a 49-page UN report published last year that accused Israel of “systematically” subjecting Palestinians to “sexualized torture.”

Related Posts

World

Roman Atwood says FAA grounded his helicopter after viral Ashton Hall stunt investigation

May 19, 2026
World

Pete Hegseth welcomes USS Gerald R. Ford home after record deployment

May 19, 2026
World

Trump’s acting AG Todd Blanche can’t give ‘definitive answer’ as to whether 2020 election was stolen

May 19, 2026
World

Here’s how the GOP could scheme to keep control of the House

May 19, 2026
World

UN chief welcomes extension of Lebanon-Israel ceasefire

May 19, 2026
World

Who was Krystal Anderson? Body found in search for missing South Carolina mom 4 years after she was murdered by BF

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Latest

When People Needed A White Man In A Scene My Dad Would Always Be The White Man—Rosman

by News Break
May 19, 2026
0

In a recent interview With Chude, Shine Rosman has opened up about the deep influence her father had on her...

Read more

Ogun man stabbed to death during birthday party argument

May 19, 2026

Oyetola: Nigeria Expanding Port Capacity to Lead Regional Trade

May 19, 2026

Otti knocks Abure for selling LP gov forms

May 19, 2026

“My Mother Is Also a Teacher” – VeryDarkMan Breaks Down Over Oyo School Kidnap

May 19, 2026

“We Have One Target” — Kwankwaso Confirms Joint Ticket With Peter Obi for 2027

May 19, 2026

“We Have Been Here Since Friday, We Need Help” — Abducted Oyo Principal Cries Out In Viral Video As Police Begin Forensic Examination

May 19, 2026

Online vs.Traditional: Finding the Perfect PH Bingo Match for Your Schedule

May 19, 2026

Anthony Thuo: US-based Kenyan IT specialist graduates with master’s in cybersecurity

May 19, 2026

Oyo Schools Abduction: Two-year-old listed among victims + Full List

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World