GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

I nearly lost Chief of Staff position because of Desmond Elliot — Gbajabiamila

by Vincent Uju
May 14, 2026
in Politics
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Femi Gbajabiamila, Chief of Staff to President Bola Tinubu, has disclosed that he almost lost his position last year due to the alleged involvement of actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot in the political crisis that rocked the Lagos State House of Assembly during the speakership tussle involving Mudashiru Obasa.

Speaking in a video widely circulating on social media on Thursday, Gbajabiamila narrated how  Tinubu summoned him to his residence in Abuja at the height of the Obasa impeachment saga.

According to Gbajabiamila, the president confronted him over intelligence reports linking Elliot, who represents Surulere Constituency I in the Lagos State House of Assembly, to efforts to destabilise the state legislature.

“I almost lost my job as Chief of Staff last year because of Desmond Elliot. Mr. President called me to his house in Abuja during the Lagos Speaker Obasa saga. He said, ‘I hear this Desmond is your boy, the one we gave you,’ and I said, ‘Yes, sir.’ He is one of the people causing problems in the Lagos House of Assembly,” Gbajabiamila stated.

Desmond Elliot

Gbajabiamila further revealed that he had to defend Elliot against the allegations.

“Immediately I said to Mr. President, no, no, no. Desmond is not part of them.

“I haven’t even spoken to him. I didn’t know whether he was part of that. I said, no, he’s not part of them.”

According to him, Tinubu said, “I’m telling you from intelligence that he is part of them. Go and tell him to retrace his steps. This is what Mr. President told me. I said, yes, sir.”

He said he called the lawmaker to inform him of the development.

“I called him. That’s what I told him. Just like the President, this is what he said.

“If you are one of these people, if you are part of them, get out of there.”

He added that the Director-General of the Department of State Services also contacted him regarding his and Elliot’s alleged involvement.

“Three days later, the Director General of DSS called me and said there’s a problem. Your name is being mentioned all over the place.

“That you are the one behind, you are supporting Desmond in this event. Of course, the President will not believe that Desmond would do such a thing and I will not know what it sounds like.

“I told the DSS, I’m going to have to talk to Desmond.”

“I told him, I’m going to have to talk to Desmond. He has not done anything. I called him again.”

The Chief of Staff said he asked Elliot to issue a statement vindicating himself of the allegation, which he allegedly did not till date.

The Obasa impeachment saga erupted on January 13, 2025, when a majority of the Lagos State House of Assembly impeached the long-serving Speaker while he was vacationing in the United States.

Lawmakers accused him of gross misconduct, abuse of office, high-handedness, poor leadership, persistent lateness to sessions, and alleged financial impropriety/mismanagement of Assembly funds.

His deputy, Mojisola Meranda, was immediately elected as the new Speaker, becoming the first female to occupy the position.

Obasa rejected the impeachment as illegal and unconstitutional, insisting due process was not followed.

The crisis triggered weeks of tension, court cases, parallel claims to leadership, and interventions by APC national leaders and Tinubu.

It was eventually resolved when Meranda resigned, paving the way for Obasa’s reinstatement as Speaker.

GossipsNG Online could not independently verify Elliot’s involvement.

The incident comes amid growing resistance to the lawmaker’s bid for a fourth term in the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Related Posts

Politics

I withdrew, never participated in APC primary, says Cubana Chief Priest

May 18, 2026
Politics

An Air Marshal goes AWOL

May 18, 2026
Politics

Former Abia Speaker, Chinedum Orji Wins APC House Of Reps Ticket

May 18, 2026
Politics

Itsekiri Nation Endorses President Tinubu, Oborevwori for Second Term Ahead of 2027

May 18, 2026
Politics

Ex-governor Yahaya Bello officially cleared for APC Senate contest in Kogi

May 18, 2026
Politics

Labour Party Accuses Julius Abure’s Faction of Illegal Sale of Nomination Forms

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
National

Ex-Benue Governor’s Son Fails to Secure APC Reps Ticket

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

Vandefan Gemade, son of former Benue State governor and senator, Barnabas Gemade, has lost the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary...

Read more

Popular APC Federal Lawmaker Loses Primary

May 18, 2026

Dogs accidentally eating owners’ weed sparks sharp rise in ER vet visits

May 18, 2026

Oyo State Govt Collaborates With World Bank, IFC On Ibadan Green City Action Plan

May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Obasa secures Reps ticket

May 18, 2026

Ugandan President signs controversial bill to curb foreign influence, political funding

May 18, 2026

APC reverses Plateau reps primary result, declares Yusuf Gagdi winner

May 18, 2026

Land convoy sets out from Libya as part of Gaza flotilla effort

May 18, 2026

Hantavirus-Hit Cruise Ship Steams Towards Rotterdam At Voyage End

May 18, 2026

SNL’s Trump and Will Ferrell as Epstein’s ghost sing ‘Just the Two of Us’ in season finale

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World