GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Iran says has right to respond after Kuwait arrests four citizens

by News Break
May 14, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Iran’s foreign minister said Wednesday that Tehran had the right to respond after he accused Kuwait of attacking an Iranian boat and arresting four of its citizens in the Gulf, calling for their release.

“In clear attempt to sow discord, Kuwait has unlawfully attacked an Iranian boat and detained 4 of our citizens in the Persian Gulf. This illegal act took place near island used by the U.S. to attack Iran,” Abbas Araghchi wrote on X.

“We demand immediate release of our nationals and reserve right to respond,” he added.

Kuwait’s interior ministry said in a statement published by state news agency KUNA on Tuesday that four people arrested earlier this month as they attempted to enter the country by sea confessed to belonging to Iran’s Revolutionary Guards.

The four men — two navy colonels, a captain and a lieutenant commander — admitted they had been tasked by Iran’s ideological army with “infiltrating” Bubiyan Island, the Kuwaiti ministry said.

But Iran’s foreign ministry called the allegations “absolutely baseless”, and said the four officers had entered Kuwaiti waters by mistake “due to disruption in the navigation system”.

Since the Middle East war began, Kuwaiti authorities have sought to crack down on individuals and groups with alleged links to Iran.

Iran’s foreign minister said Wednesday that Tehran had the right to respond after he accused Kuwait of attacking an Iranian boat and arresting four of its citizens in the Gulf, calling for their release.

“In clear attempt to sow discord, Kuwait has unlawfully attacked an Iranian boat and detained 4 of our citizens in the Persian Gulf. This illegal act took place near island used by the U.S. to attack Iran,” Abbas Araghchi wrote on X.

“We demand immediate release of our nationals and reserve right to respond,” he added.

Kuwait’s interior ministry said in a statement published by state news agency KUNA on Tuesday that four people arrested earlier this month as they attempted to enter the country by sea confessed to belonging to Iran’s Revolutionary Guards.

The four men — two navy colonels, a captain and a lieutenant commander — admitted they had been tasked by Iran’s ideological army with “infiltrating” Bubiyan Island, the Kuwaiti ministry said.

But Iran’s foreign ministry called the allegations “absolutely baseless”, and said the four officers had entered Kuwaiti waters by mistake “due to disruption in the navigation system”.

Since the Middle East war began, Kuwaiti authorities have sought to crack down on individuals and groups with alleged links to Iran.

Related Posts

World

Austin shooting update: Search ongoing in Manor after police nab two active shooters— 5 key points

May 19, 2026
World

Ukraine launches biggest drone attack on Moscow in over a year

May 19, 2026
World

Terrifying video shows Six Flags patrons walking down rollercoaster drop after power outage

May 19, 2026
World

Amid Surgery, Prosthetic Claims, Iran Says Mojtaba Khamenei Has ‘Scratch Behind Ear’

May 19, 2026
World

Nuclear weapons ‘cornerstone’ of Russia’s national security: Kremlin

May 19, 2026
World

Trump issues dire warning to Iran to accept peace deal

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

FIFA World Cup: From Uruguay 1930 to mega 2026 tournament

by Vincent Uju
May 20, 2026
0

With just a few weeks before the FIFA World Cup 2026 kicks off, soccer fans around the globe are getting...

Read more

Uzoamaka Power Made Call of My Life for Everyone Who Has Ever Loved Too Much

May 20, 2026

“Since them born this baby, he never rest” – Singer Portable shows off his newborn son in cute video

May 20, 2026

Kwara Governor Endorses Amb. Abdulfatai Yahaya Seriki as Preferred Successor for APC Gubernatorial Ticket

May 20, 2026

APC group protests, demand release of Okitipupa/Irele federal constituency primary election results

May 20, 2026

In Respect For The Party And Its Leadership,I Chose Not To Proceed To The Field–Pascal Okechukwu

May 20, 2026

Flooding submerges collapsed Kwara bridge, traps commuters

May 19, 2026

AMTY Nominates Joy Ezeilo for Lifetime Achievement Award

May 19, 2026

FirstBank, Visa Expand Premium Card Portfolio with Visa Signature Launch

May 19, 2026

“Tinubu Is Our In-Law, We’ll Support Him With Full Chest Till 2031” – Mr Jollof

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World