GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

NAPTIP Secures Life Jail for Two Abuja Guards over Six-year Abuse of Minor

by News Break
May 16, 2026
in Headlines
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Michael Olugbode in Abuja

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has secured the conviction and life imprisonment of two security guards for the prolonged sexual abuse of a minor in Abuja, in what authorities described as a major breakthrough in the fight against sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria.

The convicts, James Sule, 30, and Adamu Yau, 25, were sentenced to life imprisonment without the option of fine by Hon. Justice S.M. Mayana of the Federal Capital Territory High Court after they were prosecuted under the provisions of the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act.

The judgement followed years of investigation and trial arising from allegations that the victim, whose identity was withheld, was repeatedly abused from the age of six.

According to details presented in court, the incidents began in 2016 at the family’s residence in Lugbe, Abuja, when Sule, who worked as the family’s security guard at the time, allegedly lured the child into a toilet under the guise of helping her avoid punishment after she damaged a household item.

Investigators said the child was threatened into silence, allowing the abuse to continue for several years. Court records further indicated that Sule later introduced another guard, Adamu Yau, and a third suspect identified simply as Mohammed, who is still at large.

The victim reportedly endured the trauma quietly until her parents began observing disturbing behavioural changes. She became fearful whenever the guards approached and refused to allow them to escort her to school or pick her up.

Concerned by her unusual reactions, the parents sought help at a prayer house where the child eventually disclosed the abuse to a pastor.

The matter was subsequently reported to the Association for Reproductive and Family Health, which referred the case to NAPTIP for investigation and prosecution.

The suspects were arrested and arraigned in court in October 2023 after charges were filed earlier that year. During the trial, the prosecution presented five witnesses and tendered seven exhibits, including medical evidence used to support the case.

Reacting to the judgement, the Director General of NAPTIP, Binta Bello, described the conviction as a strong signal that offenders would face severe consequences under the law.

She said the ruling reflected the agency’s determination to strengthen enforcement of laws against sexual and gender-based violence and to ensure justice for survivors.

Bello also urged parents, schools and employers to conduct proper background checks on domestic workers and service providers, including drivers, security guards, babysitters and lesson teachers.

The mother of the victim thanked NAPTIP and the prosecution team for pursuing the case to its conclusion and ensuring justice for her daughter.

The convicts have since been transferred to the Kuje Correctional Centre to begin serving their life sentences, while efforts continue to apprehend the third suspect still on the run.

Related Posts

Headlines

Sowore Alleges Assault on Lawyer by Court Security Personnel at Federal High Court

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Terrorists Strike Yobe Training School, 17 Police Trainees Killed

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Nollywood Isn’t As Rich As You Think — Actress Shine Rosman Opens Up on Actors’ Financial Struggles

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Oporoma Youths Hail Diri over New Bridge, Seek Support for Kinsman 

May 18, 2026
Headlines

George Makori: Family of beloved late police officer ready to welcome children he sired

May 18, 2026
Headlines

Court Grants Bail to Detained Nigerian Activist, Justice Crack

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
National

Popular APC Federal Lawmaker Loses Primary

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Popular APC Federal Lawmaker Loses Primary – ReportNow No Result View All Result error: Content...

Read more

Dogs accidentally eating owners’ weed sparks sharp rise in ER vet visits

May 18, 2026

Oyo State Govt Collaborates With World Bank, IFC On Ibadan Green City Action Plan

May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Obasa secures Reps ticket

May 18, 2026

Ugandan President signs controversial bill to curb foreign influence, political funding

May 18, 2026

APC reverses Plateau reps primary result, declares Yusuf Gagdi winner

May 18, 2026

Land convoy sets out from Libya as part of Gaza flotilla effort

May 18, 2026

Hantavirus-Hit Cruise Ship Steams Towards Rotterdam At Voyage End

May 18, 2026

SNL’s Trump and Will Ferrell as Epstein’s ghost sing ‘Just the Two of Us’ in season finale

May 18, 2026

Under Trump, record numbers say personal finances getting worse

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World