GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Police find body believed to be of Australian triple murderer Julian Ingram

by News Break
May 13, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

On The Ground newsletter: Get a weekly dispatch from our international correspondents

Get a weekly dispatch from our international correspondents

Get a weekly international news dispatch

On The Ground

Police in Australia said they have found a decomposed body of a man wanted over the murder of three people in New South Wales earlier this year.

Police were searching for Julian Ingram, 37, who was on bail for domestic violence when he allegedly killed his pregnant ex-partner Sophie Quinn, her aunt and friend in the small Australian town of Lake Cargelligo.

The suspect was on bail for domestic violence when he allegedly shot at four people in Bokhara Street, Lake Cargelligo, killing three and leaving one seriously injured on 22 January.

The authorities on Monday said a man’s body believed to be Ingram was discovered near an abandoned utility vehicle in a nature reserve about 50km north-west of Lake Cargelligo. Police said the body appears to have been there “for some time”.

Assistant commissioner Andrew Holland said the vehicle was the same vehicle that Ingram was seen driving from the scene. “Next to this vehicle, police have also located a male body in a very decomposed state,” he told reporters.

“Next to this body is a firearm and at this point believe the person lying next to the vehicle could be Julian Ingram, but he’s yet to be formally identified.

The National Parks and Wildlife Service was carrying out feral animal eradication in the area when they located the abandoned vehicle, which eventually led to the discovery of the decomposing body, Mr Holland said.

Julian Ingram also known as Pierpoint, aged 37, is wanted for shooting in New South Wales
Julian Ingram also known as Pierpoint, aged 37, is wanted for shooting in New South Wales (NSW Police)

He added that for the last four months the law enforcement authorities had not given up on the manhunt for Ingram, which involved hundreds of police officers.

“Obviously, it’s a relief for them to find this body. But the main thing is, as it brings closure to this investigation, it brings closure to the people of Lake Cargelligo, and gives some solace to the town so they can relax.”

Sophie Quinn, 25, was sitting in a car with her partner, John Harri, 32, when a man fired three shots at them from a vehicle. Quinn was seven months pregnant at the time of her killing.

Shortly after the attack, the suspect allegedly shot at Quinn’s aunt, Nerida. Kaleb Macqueen, 19, survived being shot at the home where Nerida Quinn was killed.

Ingram was arrested last year over domestic violence-related charges. He was released on bail on 30 November, on condition of reporting daily to the Lake Cargelligo police station. The order that barred him from going within 100m of Quinn, her home or her workplace, was due to be reviewed in court on 3 February.

Mayor John Medcalf hoped that the news would bring closure to the town’s residents. “People – especially the families involved – were just worried he might come back,” he told AAP.

“It’s something you never expected to happen out in this part of the world. We’re still going to have to live with it, but certainly this does help with a bit of closure.”

Related Posts

World

Dogs accidentally eating owners’ weed sparks sharp rise in ER vet visits

May 18, 2026
World

Land convoy sets out from Libya as part of Gaza flotilla effort

May 18, 2026
World

Hantavirus-Hit Cruise Ship Steams Towards Rotterdam At Voyage End

May 18, 2026
World

SNL’s Trump and Will Ferrell as Epstein’s ghost sing ‘Just the Two of Us’ in season finale

May 18, 2026
World

Under Trump, record numbers say personal finances getting worse

May 18, 2026
World

Lauren Boebert responds to Trump's Truth Social post as POTUS withdraws endorsement over Massie campaign; ‘knew risks’

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
National

Ex-Benue Governor’s Son Fails to Secure APC Reps Ticket

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

Vandefan Gemade, son of former Benue State governor and senator, Barnabas Gemade, has lost the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary...

Read more

Popular APC Federal Lawmaker Loses Primary

May 18, 2026

Dogs accidentally eating owners’ weed sparks sharp rise in ER vet visits

May 18, 2026

Oyo State Govt Collaborates With World Bank, IFC On Ibadan Green City Action Plan

May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Obasa secures Reps ticket

May 18, 2026

Ugandan President signs controversial bill to curb foreign influence, political funding

May 18, 2026

APC reverses Plateau reps primary result, declares Yusuf Gagdi winner

May 18, 2026

Land convoy sets out from Libya as part of Gaza flotilla effort

May 18, 2026

Hantavirus-Hit Cruise Ship Steams Towards Rotterdam At Voyage End

May 18, 2026

SNL’s Trump and Will Ferrell as Epstein’s ghost sing ‘Just the Two of Us’ in season finale

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World