GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

President Tinubu Confirms Killing Of ISIS Top Leader Al-Manuki In Fresh US-Nigeria Operation

by News Break
May 16, 2026
in Society
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

 

President Bola Tinubu has confirmed the killing of an ISIS top commander identified as Abu-Bilal al-Minuki in a fresh US-Nigeria joint operation. 

In a statement signed by the President on Saturday, Tinubu noted that the operation was achieved “overnight”.

The confirmation came after President of the United States, Donald Trump late Friday via his Truth Social Platform, noted that Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, whom he described as the terrorist group’s second-in-command globally, had been eliminated.

According to the US president, the operation was executed by “brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria” and successfully eliminated what he described as “the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield.”

Trump noted that Abu-Bilal al-Minuki had been hiding in Africa while coordinating terrorist activities linked to the Islamic State group.

“Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing,” Trump wrote.

He added that the ISIS leader “will no longer terrorize the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans,” stressing that the operation had significantly weakened the global network of the terrorist organisation.

“With his removal, ISIS’s global operation is greatly diminished,” Trump said, while also thanking the Nigerian government for its cooperation in the mission.

“Thank you to the Government of Nigeria for your partnership on this operation. GOD BLESS AMERICA!” the US president added.

 

READ ALSO: US, Nigerian Forces Kill ISIS Second In Command — Trump

Reacting to the development, President Tinubu noted that the feat is a significant example of effective collaboration in the fight against terrorism.

“Our determined Nigerian Armed Forces, working closely with the Armed Forces of the United States, conducted a daring joint operation that dealt a heavy blow to the ranks of the Islamic State.

“Early assessments confirm the elimination of the wanted IS senior leader, Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki, also known as Abu-Mainok, along with several of his lieutenants, during a strike on his compound in the Lake Chad Basin”, Tinubu said.

The President appreciated the partnership with the United States in advancing shared security objectives.

“I extend my sincere gratitude to President Trump for his leadership and unwavering support in this effort.

“I commend the personnel involved on both sides for their professionalism and courage, and I look forward to more decisive strikes against all terrorist enclaves across the nation”, Tinubu said.

 

 

Related Posts

Society

Russian Drone Hit Chinese Cargo Ship Overnight In Black Sea — Ukraine

May 18, 2026
Society

Victories, Disputes, Upsets In APC House Of Reps Primaries

May 18, 2026
Society

Rivers APC Disqualifies Ex-Deputy Governor Banigo, Others From Senate Race

May 18, 2026
Society

Two Aspirants Withdraw Ahead Of Kebbi APC Senatorial Primaries

May 18, 2026
Society

APC Primaries: Igariwey Denies Disqualification, Wins Ticket For Afikpo/Edda Federal Constituency

May 18, 2026
Society

Baby Factory: Police Recover Stolen 10-Day-Old Infant In Zamfara, Arrest Suspect

May 16, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Entertainment

“It’s not always about money sha”- Timini Egbuson On Mental Health

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Nollywood actor Timini Egbuson has sparked conversations online after stating that money does not automatically cure depression or emotional struggles....

Read more

“It’s not always about money sha”- Timini Egbuson On Mental Health

May 18, 2026

“One-Year Filming Ban” — Kano Censorship Board Suspends Amina Uba Hassan, Adam Garba Over Alleged Immoral Video

May 18, 2026

Former Abia Speaker, Chinedum Orji Wins APC House Of Reps Ticket

May 18, 2026

SERAP Urges INEC to Probe Alleged N800bn FAAC Diversion for Campaign Funding

May 18, 2026

Saudi Arabia declares first day of Dhul Hijjah 1447 AH

May 18, 2026

Gatundu family worried after son who vanished 10 years ago spotted working on farm in Congo

May 18, 2026

Russian Drone Hit Chinese Cargo Ship Overnight In Black Sea — Ukraine

May 18, 2026

Manchester City Clinch 8th FA Cup Title, Seal Domestic Double in Commanding Season

May 18, 2026

ICYMI: Pastor Adeboye Finally Names Anointed Nigeria’s Next President (VIDEO)

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World