GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Rivers police dismiss five inspectors over robbery, kidnapping

by News Break
May 15, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Police Command in Rivers has dismissed five inspectors attached to the Department of Operations over alleged involvement in armed robbery, kidnapping, extortion and conspiracy.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Deputy Commissioner of Police Anthony Placid, disclosed this in a statement released in Port Harcourt on Friday by the command’s spokesperson, ASP Blessing Agabe.

Placid said that the officers were involved in a pattern of criminal activities between September 2025 and January 2026 across the state.

The force spokesman listed the dismissed officers as John Okoi, Eyibo Asuquo, Udo Ndipmong, Bright Nwachukwu and Anele Ikechukwu

According to him, the case became known following petitions submitted by a group, the Behind Bars Human Rights Foundation on behalf of multiple victims.

He explained that the officers allegedly operated in minibuses and conducted illegal stop-and-search operations during which unsuspecting members of the public were intercepted at gunpoint.

“The officers forced victims to disclose their banking pass codes and account details. They forcefully transferred money from their victims’ bank accounts.

“They also falsely presented themselves as operatives of Zone 16 Headquarters, Yenagoa, in order to intimidate victims and evade suspicion,” he said.

He stated that investigations further revealed that the syndicate allegedly abducted a male victim along Aba Road and forcefully dispossessed him of over N3.6 million and 4,000 dollars from his cryptocurrency wallet.

Another victim, he said, was allegedly abducted and dispossessed of over N7.3 million in cash and valuables, while a third victim reportedly lost N1.5 million after being intercepted along NTA Road.

“After the officers were arrested, an orderly room proceeding found them culpable, leading to their dismissal from the Nigerian Police Force with immediate effect.

“A prima facie case of conspiracy, armed robbery, kidnapping, official corruption and extortion has been established against the dismissed officers,” he stated.

The police spokesman added that the case file had been forwarded to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, while formal charges were expected to be filled within 30 days.

He reaffirmed the commitment of the police to professionalism, accountability, transparency and protection of citizens’ rights.

The Police Command in Rivers has dismissed five inspectors attached to the Department of Operations over alleged involvement in armed robbery, kidnapping, extortion and conspiracy.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Deputy Commissioner of Police Anthony Placid, disclosed this in a statement released in Port Harcourt on Friday by the command’s spokesperson, ASP Blessing Agabe.

Placid said that the officers were involved in a pattern of criminal activities between September 2025 and January 2026 across the state.

The force spokesman listed the dismissed officers as John Okoi, Eyibo Asuquo, Udo Ndipmong, Bright Nwachukwu and Anele Ikechukwu

According to him, the case became known following petitions submitted by a group, the Behind Bars Human Rights Foundation on behalf of multiple victims.

He explained that the officers allegedly operated in minibuses and conducted illegal stop-and-search operations during which unsuspecting members of the public were intercepted at gunpoint.

“The officers forced victims to disclose their banking pass codes and account details. They forcefully transferred money from their victims’ bank accounts.

“They also falsely presented themselves as operatives of Zone 16 Headquarters, Yenagoa, in order to intimidate victims and evade suspicion,” he said.

He stated that investigations further revealed that the syndicate allegedly abducted a male victim along Aba Road and forcefully dispossessed him of over N3.6 million and 4,000 dollars from his cryptocurrency wallet.

Another victim, he said, was allegedly abducted and dispossessed of over N7.3 million in cash and valuables, while a third victim reportedly lost N1.5 million after being intercepted along NTA Road.

“After the officers were arrested, an orderly room proceeding found them culpable, leading to their dismissal from the Nigerian Police Force with immediate effect.

“A prima facie case of conspiracy, armed robbery, kidnapping, official corruption and extortion has been established against the dismissed officers,” he stated.

The police spokesman added that the case file had been forwarded to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, while formal charges were expected to be filled within 30 days.

He reaffirmed the commitment of the police to professionalism, accountability, transparency and protection of citizens’ rights.

Related Posts

News

Oyo Schools Abduction: Two-year-old listed among victims + Full List

May 19, 2026
News

ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants ahead of primaries

May 19, 2026
News

Elon Musk loses lawsuit against OpenAI, Sam Altman

May 19, 2026
News

Lagos donates safety kits to taskforce officers

May 19, 2026
News

“Tax Disputes Now Free To Resolve” — FG Unveils Tax Ombud Platforms To Protect Taxpayers, Boost Transparency And Compliance

May 19, 2026
News

Erotic Monday Night: A passionate connection, by Tiwa Says

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

Online vs.Traditional: Finding the Perfect PH Bingo Match for Your Schedule

by News Break
May 19, 2026
0

Bingo, a globally beloved and sociable game, has evolved significantly over the years. Memories of traditional bingo often conjure lively...

Read more

Anthony Thuo: US-based Kenyan IT specialist graduates with master’s in cybersecurity

May 19, 2026

Oyo Schools Abduction: Two-year-old listed among victims + Full List

May 19, 2026

Wema Bank Announces Last Call for Submission of Entries for One-Day MD/CEO Children’s Day Initiative

May 19, 2026

Dangote Refinery Slashes Jet Fuel Price To ₦1,650/Litre

May 19, 2026

APC Senatorial Primaries Peaceful Across Ogun, Abiodun Dismisses Violence Allegation

May 19, 2026

Roman Atwood says FAA grounded his helicopter after viral Ashton Hall stunt investigation

May 19, 2026

Why The Killing of Abu-Bilal al-Manuki By U.S And Nigerian Forces Matters

May 19, 2026

Naira depreciates to N1,395/$ in parallel market

May 19, 2026

BREAKING: Stock market extends rally as investors reap N3.3trn 

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World