GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Serial Rape of Minor: Security guards jailed for life

by News Break
May 16, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) says it has secured the conviction and life imprisonment of two security Guards: James Sule, 30 and Adamu Yau, 25, for serial rape of a six-year-old girl.

A statement by NAPTIP Press and Public Relations Officer, Vincent Adekoye, on Friday disclosed that the convicts were based in Abuja.

Adekoye said that the convicts were handed life imprisonment, without an option of fine, by Justice S. M. Mayana of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court 46, Apo, Abuja, following their arraignment by NAPTIP.

He said that the convicts were arraigned in line with the provisions of the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) (VAPP) Act, 2025.

The spokesman added that the development was hailed by a cross section of stakeholders and members of the Civil Society Organisations (CSO) across the country.

According to him, the development is in furtherance of the renewed commitment and determination by the present management of NAPTIP to step up the implementation of the VAPP Law and ensure commensurate justice for victims of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in the country.

Adekoye stated that the victim was constantly raped when she was six years old in 2016 till 2022, when she turned 12 and the matter was reported.

The victim recounted that in 2016, her grandmother engaged the service of Sule, who was then their family security guard, to repair a broken toilet in their residence at Penthouse Estate, Lugbe, Abuja.

The victim recounted that while her grandmother returned to the kitchen, Sule remained in the toilet, adding that she was crying on the bed in the room over a tape she had spoiled when he called her into the toilet.

The victim said that Sule assured her he would help prevent her grandmother from punishing her, then locked the door, forcibly removed her pants, and raped her while covering her mouth, and later brought out a knife, threatening her not to tell anyone.

She said that this marked the beginning of repeated sexual abuse, fear, pain, and trauma that continued for six years.

Meanwhile the NAPTIP Press Officer stated that in a move by the convict to share the sexual pleasure with his friends, Sule recruited two other guards in the Estate, Adamu Yau, who is the second convict, and one Muhammed, now at large.

The NAPTIP Press Officer said that they all together had sex with the victim whenever opportunities arose, threatening to kill and wipe out her entire family if she spoke to anyone about their act with her.

He said that the victim endured this traumatic abuse in silence for about six years before her parents noticed troubling changes in her behaviour, and became visibly agitated whenever Sule entered the house and refused to let him escort her to school or pick her up from the school bus.

Adekoye said: “In a bid to get an explanation for the sudden, strange behaviour of the little girl, her parents took her to a prayer house where she confided in the Pastor that Sule, Yau, and Mohammed had been sexually abusing her, particularly whenever she returned from school before her parents arrived home.

“The parents immediately reported the matter to the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), which subsequently transferred the case to NAPTIP and the convicts were immediately arrested.

“Following further investigation, charges were filed in court on February 9, 2023. 

“Sule and Yau were arraigned on October 23 of the same year on two counts charge under Section 1(1), punishable under Section 1(2), and Section 5 of the VAPP Act 2015.”

Adekoye stated the convicts pleaded not guilty when the trial commenced on December 5, 2023.

The prosecution presented five witnesses, including the victim’s mother, who testified tearfully.

Related Posts

News

Frank Alleges DSS Plot To Arrest El-Rufai, Detain Him Beyond 2027

May 18, 2026
News

French judge to probe journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s killing

May 18, 2026
News

Police probe attack on officers in Abia

May 18, 2026
News

“One-Year Filming Ban” — Kano Censorship Board Suspends Amina Uba Hassan, Adam Garba Over Alleged Immoral Video

May 18, 2026
News

Saudi Arabia declares first day of Dhul Hijjah 1447 AH

May 18, 2026
News

EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram convict bagged degree during life sentence for church bombing – Court document

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
National

Elumelu Wins APC Primary, Sends Message to Tinubu

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Elumelu Wins APC Primary, Sends Message to Tinubu – ReportNow Former Minority Leader of the...

Read more

Lauren Boebert responds to Trump's Truth Social post as POTUS withdraws endorsement over Massie campaign; ‘knew risks’

May 18, 2026

NECA Leads Organized Businesses To Enugu Governor, Advocates Stronger Collaboration

May 18, 2026

‘I don’t hate Igbos’, UCTH CMD denies ethnic bias in House Officers recruitment

May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Full list: APC unveils names of disqualified Reps aspirants

May 18, 2026

Frank Alleges DSS Plot To Arrest El-Rufai, Detain Him Beyond 2027

May 18, 2026

Atiku slams FG’s response to anti-immigrant tensions in South Africa

May 18, 2026

Hantavirus: Primate Ayodele Reveals Warning

May 18, 2026

Tens of thousands march in London in separate immigration, pro‑Palestinian protests

May 18, 2026

Woman gives birth inside NYC courtroom while handcuffed to bench after 24 hours in custody, legal aid groups say

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World