GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

“They carefully reviewed all my documents” – Peter Obi opens up on NDC screening

by Vincent Uju
May 21, 2026
in Politics
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi has provided fresh details about the presidential screening conducted by the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) on Tuesday, May 19.

Obi described the NDC screening committee’s process as thorough and professional.

In a statement issued after the exercise, he revealed that the process, which took place at the party’s National Secretariat in Abuja, lasted more than two and a half hours.

According to the 2023 Labour Party’s presidential candidate, the screening committee meticulously examined his credentials, including his degree certificates, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) documents, and age declarations.

“They carefully reviewed all my documents,” Obi stated.

He also noted that beyond the verification of process, the screening included discussions on national issues.

Obi said he entertained questions about his vision for a “new Nigeria” and the kind of leadership required to address the country’s current challenges.

At the end of the process, the former governor said he was cleared to contest and was issued the presidential nomination form which he had earlier paid for.

He further commended the screening committee, chaired by former governor Sam Egwu.

In addition, Obi appreciated the leadership of the NDC for upholding democratic norms during the exercise.

“I would like to commend the screening committee, led by former governor Sam Egwu, for their thorough and professional approach. Additionally, I appreciate our party’s leadership for upholding the democratic process,” he said.

Former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi has provided fresh details about the presidential screening conducted by the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) on Tuesday, May 19.

Obi described the NDC screening committee’s process as thorough and professional.

In a statement issued after the exercise, he revealed that the process, which took place at the party’s National Secretariat in Abuja, lasted more than two and a half hours.

According to the 2023 Labour Party’s presidential candidate, the screening committee meticulously examined his credentials, including his degree certificates, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) documents, and age declarations.

“They carefully reviewed all my documents,” Obi stated.

He also noted that beyond the verification of process, the screening included discussions on national issues.

Obi said he entertained questions about his vision for a “new Nigeria” and the kind of leadership required to address the country’s current challenges.

At the end of the process, the former governor said he was cleared to contest and was issued the presidential nomination form which he had earlier paid for.

He further commended the screening committee, chaired by former governor Sam Egwu.

In addition, Obi appreciated the leadership of the NDC for upholding democratic norms during the exercise.

“I would like to commend the screening committee, led by former governor Sam Egwu, for their thorough and professional approach. Additionally, I appreciate our party’s leadership for upholding the democratic process,” he said.

Related Posts

Politics

Radda Orders Immediate Rehabilitation of Collapsed Katsina Earth Dams

May 21, 2026
Politics

Chief of Air Staff Charges Commanders on Operational Effectiveness

May 20, 2026
Politics

Bayelsa East PDP zones 2027 senatorial ticket to Brass II

May 20, 2026
Politics

Pineleaf Estates CEO Named AMTY Real Estate Icon Of The Year

May 20, 2026
Politics

“Some people told Tinubu I wanted to kill him, take over power” – VP Shettima reveals

May 20, 2026
Politics

APC Primaries: Dangerous Erosion of Democratic Values

May 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
World

Cuban president warns US aggression would create a 'bloodbath'

by News Break
May 21, 2026
0

Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel said on Monday that any US military action against Cuba would lead to a "bloodbath" with...

Read more

Trump targets Raul Castro with charges for deadly 1996 plane attack

May 21, 2026

Supreme Court wary of barring police from phone searches to find crime suspects

May 21, 2026

Brouhaha over Iran war costs to US taxpayers

May 21, 2026

Ekiti APC Assembly Primary: Fayose’s Son Defeats Ex-Deputy Speaker In His Ward, Others

May 21, 2026

“I Didn’t Have Access to My Family or Pain Relief” — 10 Nigerian Women Share Their First Childbirth Experience

May 21, 2026

“Why is it okay for married men to cheat but married women can’t?” – Etinosa Idemudia asks

May 21, 2026

BREAKING: ADC Postpones Presidential, Governorship Screening Ahead of 2027

May 21, 2026

Avoid reckless driving, overloading – FRSC warns motorists ahead of Eid

May 21, 2026

Rivers: Olayinka Reacts As APC Declares Martins Amaewhuale, Other Nyesom Wike Loyalists As Winners

May 21, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World