GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

“They Collected ₦20m, Still Holding My Wife” — Kwara ECWA Pastor Laments Fresh ₦300m Demand By Bandits

by Vincent Uju
May 16, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The pastor of the Evangelical Church of West Africa in Omugo, Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, Sunday Omole, has lamented that bandits are still holding his wife and other abducted residents despite receiving N20m ransom and other items from victims’ families.

Omole, who spoke with journalists on Friday, accused the abductors of repeatedly extorting families through fresh ransom demands while refusing to release the victims.

He called on the government to launch a coordinated military operation to clear forests linking Kwara, Kogi and Niger states.

The pastor said the abductors recently increased their demand to N300m after allegedly receiving N20m ransom last month alongside food items, petrol, red oil, seasoning and other supplies.

“Since we took N20m ransom to the terrorists together with five bags of rice, four kegs of 30 litres petrol, one keg of red oil, one packet of Maggi, and N40,000 worth of hard drugs, we have been expecting our people.

“It is almost a month now, precisely since April 29, 2026, and they refused to release them,” he lamented.

Omole said the kidnappers had continued to collect ransom from affected families without freeing victims.

He said, “Another young man was kidnapped three weeks ago. They collected ransom of N2m about three days ago and they still refused to release him.

“The young man was returning from his farm where he went to look for what to eat and they abducted him. That is what we are passing through. It has not been easy.”

The pastor urged the Federal Government to take decisive action against the armed groups by storming forest belts believed to be their hideouts.

“It is the government that can do it. If the government is ready, they can stop this menace happening in our area. Government can raid the forests and get rid of them with the help of the Air Force and the land army. They can do it easily.

“According to what people are saying, these people are not more than 400. Even if they are up to 500, the government can handle them. They are the ones that can help us,” he said.

Omole also criticised the security response in the area, alleging that soldiers deployed to Omugo community did not enter the forests where the kidnappers operate.

“Each time they send in soldiers, the soldiers will not reach the forest side. They will just be walking around the community and say they are working. The soldiers never entered the real forests where the terrorists are,” he alleged.

Speaking on his personal ordeal since the abduction of his wife, the cleric said he had been devastated and emotionally overwhelmed.

“I have been devastated. It has not been easy. It has become an issue and a war in my bones. Up till now they have not released my wife. They are still demanding N300m. Each time they call, they ask us how much we have raised. It is like they want to be exploiting us,” he said.

Omole disclosed that he had since relocated from Omugo community, adding that the area had become deserted and church activities suspended.

“I have moved out of Omugo. The community is deserted. We have closed the church since that incident. I have not stepped my foot in the church since that incident,” he said.

He further noted that despite the deployment of about 10 police officers following the incident, kidnappings had continued in the area.

“The community built a security post and immediately after the incident, the Commissioner of Police sent about 10 police officers. They are the ones policing Omugo now,” he said.

Tags: special reports

Related Posts

News

WHO declares Ebola public health emergency of international concern

May 18, 2026
News

Police recover stolen 10-day-old baby in Zamfara, nab suspect

May 18, 2026
News

Two APC senatorial aspirants withdraw from Kebbi primaries

May 18, 2026
News

Frank Alleges DSS Plot To Arrest El-Rufai, Detain Him Beyond 2027

May 18, 2026
News

French judge to probe journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s killing

May 18, 2026
News

Police probe attack on officers in Abia

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

Sowore Alleges Assault on Lawyer by Court Security Personnel at Federal High Court

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Human rights activist and former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has alleged that security personnel at the Federal High Court physically...

Read more

Terrorists Strike Yobe Training School, 17 Police Trainees Killed

May 18, 2026

Nollywood Isn’t As Rich As You Think — Actress Shine Rosman Opens Up on Actors’ Financial Struggles

May 18, 2026

Is Anyone Looking at Your Bank Account?

May 18, 2026

Audre Lorde Age, Biography Update, Personal Life, Honours, Legacy, Last Years

May 18, 2026

Chinese Navy Tests Advanced New Missile Defence System For Fast Expanding Destroyer Fleet

May 18, 2026

WHO declares Ebola public health emergency of international concern

May 18, 2026

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026

Police recover stolen 10-day-old baby in Zamfara, nab suspect

May 18, 2026

S&P upgrades Nigeria’s credit rating to ‘B’, cites economic reforms

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World