GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Third round of Israel-Lebanon meetings begin at US State Department

by News Break
May 15, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The third round of US-mediated Lebanon-Israel talks began at the State Department on Thursday, as the death toll from ongoing Israeli attacks on Lebanon continued to rise, officials and sources said.

Lebanese diplomatic sources confirmed the start of the negotiations that are expected to last for two days.

Separately, a State Department official told Anadolu that the US is being represented by Counselor Michael Needham, US envoy to Israel Mike Huckabee, and US Ambassador to Lebanon Michel Issa.

Lebanon is being represented by Amb. Nada Hamadeh, and Lebanese presidential special envoy Simon Karam, the official said. Amb. Yechiel Leiter, Deputy National Security Advisor Yossi Draznin, and senior military representatives are representing Israel.

Earlier on Thursday, an Israeli strike on residential complex in the southern Lebanese town of Srifa in Tyre killed two people, according to Lebanon’s National News Agency.

In a separate attack, one person was injured in a drone strike in an area between the towns of Breqaa and Zrariyeh in Nabatieh, NNA said.

Israeli warplanes also carried out strikes in the towns of Ain al-Tineh, Yahmar, Loubaya, and Sohmor in the western Bekaa region of eastern Lebanon. No information was yet available about casualties.

Since March 2, Israeli attacks in Lebanon have killed at least 2,896 people, injured over 8,824, and displaced more than 1.6 million, about one-fifth of the country’s population, according to Lebanese officials.

The Israeli army continues daily strikes in Lebanon and exchanges of fire with Hezbollah despite a ceasefire that was announced on April 17 and later extended until May 17.

The third round of US-mediated Lebanon-Israel talks began at the State Department on Thursday, as the death toll from ongoing Israeli attacks on Lebanon continued to rise, officials and sources said.

Lebanese diplomatic sources confirmed the start of the negotiations that are expected to last for two days.

Separately, a State Department official told Anadolu that the US is being represented by Counselor Michael Needham, US envoy to Israel Mike Huckabee, and US Ambassador to Lebanon Michel Issa.

Lebanon is being represented by Amb. Nada Hamadeh, and Lebanese presidential special envoy Simon Karam, the official said. Amb. Yechiel Leiter, Deputy National Security Advisor Yossi Draznin, and senior military representatives are representing Israel.

Earlier on Thursday, an Israeli strike on residential complex in the southern Lebanese town of Srifa in Tyre killed two people, according to Lebanon’s National News Agency.

In a separate attack, one person was injured in a drone strike in an area between the towns of Breqaa and Zrariyeh in Nabatieh, NNA said.

Israeli warplanes also carried out strikes in the towns of Ain al-Tineh, Yahmar, Loubaya, and Sohmor in the western Bekaa region of eastern Lebanon. No information was yet available about casualties.

Since March 2, Israeli attacks in Lebanon have killed at least 2,896 people, injured over 8,824, and displaced more than 1.6 million, about one-fifth of the country’s population, according to Lebanese officials.

The Israeli army continues daily strikes in Lebanon and exchanges of fire with Hezbollah despite a ceasefire that was announced on April 17 and later extended until May 17.

Related Posts

World

Two teenagers arrested for 10 ‘random’ shootings in Texas crime spree, police say

May 19, 2026
World

4 Dead, 8 Injured As Gunman Opens Fire In Southern Turkey: Report

May 19, 2026
World

Protests over asylum policy spread across Dutch cities

May 19, 2026
World

James Robinson cause of death: What happened to the LIFE Today host? Details on TV pastor's passing

May 19, 2026
World

WHO declares Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda an international emergency

May 19, 2026
World

Two US military jets collide in mid-air in front of shocked spectators during air show

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
World

Two teenagers arrested for 10 ‘random’ shootings in Texas crime spree, police say

by News Break
May 19, 2026
0

The latest headlines from our reporters across the US sent straight to your inbox each weekdayYour briefing on the latest...

Read more

4 Dead, 8 Injured As Gunman Opens Fire In Southern Turkey: Report

May 19, 2026

Protests over asylum policy spread across Dutch cities

May 19, 2026

EFCC Chairman Apologises to UUTH Official, NMA Over Uyo Incident

May 19, 2026

Chike Breaks Silence With Cryptic Post Amid Cheating Allegations Storm

May 19, 2026

Ronaldo Refuses to Collect runner-up medal after Al-Nassr Lose Champions League final

May 19, 2026

“He Blocked Me” — 10 Nigerians Reveal the Most Ungrateful People They’ve Financially Supported

May 19, 2026

LaLiga: Real Madrid finally agree deal with Mourinho

May 19, 2026

Mohammed Bello, El-Rufai’s Son Dumps APC, Defects To ADC Ahead Of 2027 Elections

May 19, 2026

APC Primaries: Agara records zero vote as NSUBEB chairman delivers Moroa ward to Sule

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World