GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Troops intercept 400 Starlink devices used by terrorists

by News Break
May 13, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Troops of Sector 2 North East Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) have intercepted more than 400 Starlink communication devices allegedly used by Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists to perpetrate crime in the region.

The Sector Commander, Brigadier General Beyidi Martins, said this when he briefed Defence Correspondents in Damaturu, Yobe State.

At the briefing on Tuesday, he said the internet service providing facilities were seized during the ongoing strangulation and intelligence-driven operations aimed at dismantling terrorist logistics and communication networks within the sector’s area of responsibility.

Martins said the recovered Starlink terminals were intercepted during sustained operations across Sambisa Forest, the Timbuktu Triangle, and other terrorists enclaves in the North East.

According to him, the seizures formed part of broader efforts by troops to disrupt the logistics lifelines sustaining terrorist activities in the region.

“The lifeblood of terrorist activities is logistics resupply, and we are deliberately denying them freedom to move supplies, communication equipment, fuel, and other operational items across the theatre,” he said.

The commander explained that the asymmetric nature of the insurgency had enabled terrorists to rely heavily on civilian supply chains and collaborators for movement of food, fuel, drugs, communication gadgets, and motorcycle spare parts into remote hideouts.

Martins acknowledged that some members of the civilian population were voluntarily collaborating with terrorists, while others acted under coercion and intimidation.

He said: “There is a high level of collusion between some members of the civil populace and the terrorists. 

“Some do it willingly, while others are forced through threats and coercion.”

The General said that troops had successfully infiltrated several transport and logistics networks used by insurgents through intelligence operations targeting transporters, traders, and supply syndicates operating across the region.

According to him, troops have arrested hundreds of logistics suppliers, couriers, and collaborators linked to terrorist resupply operations.

“It will interest you to know that arrests are made on a daily basis. So far, we have disrupted over 400 logistics-related cases and networks supporting terrorist operations,” Martins said.

The Commander added that troops had intercepted consignments of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), drugs, medical supplies, food items, and spare parts suspected to be destined for terrorist camps.

He noted that the seizures were made along major movement corridors stretching from Kano through Nguru and other routes leading into the Timbuktu Triangle, Sambisa Forest, and adjoining enclaves.

Martins further revealed that local livestock markets had also been exploited by insurgents to dispose of rustled animals and generate operational funds.

To counter the trend, he said security forces, local authorities and market stakeholders had introduced livestock verification measures requiring proper identification of ownership before animals could be sold.

He said: “If animals are not properly identified, they will not be sold. 

“Through that arrangement, we are tracking and disrupting their sources of financing.”

The Commander stated that the ongoing strangulation operations had significantly weakened terrorist logistics chains and reduced their operational flexibility across the sector.

Related Posts

News

WHO declares Ebola public health emergency of international concern

May 18, 2026
News

Police recover stolen 10-day-old baby in Zamfara, nab suspect

May 18, 2026
News

Two APC senatorial aspirants withdraw from Kebbi primaries

May 18, 2026
News

Frank Alleges DSS Plot To Arrest El-Rufai, Detain Him Beyond 2027

May 18, 2026
News

French judge to probe journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s killing

May 18, 2026
News

Police probe attack on officers in Abia

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Headlines

Sowore Alleges Assault on Lawyer by Court Security Personnel at Federal High Court

by News Break
May 18, 2026
0

Human rights activist and former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has alleged that security personnel at the Federal High Court physically...

Read more

Terrorists Strike Yobe Training School, 17 Police Trainees Killed

May 18, 2026

Nollywood Isn’t As Rich As You Think — Actress Shine Rosman Opens Up on Actors’ Financial Struggles

May 18, 2026

Is Anyone Looking at Your Bank Account?

May 18, 2026

Audre Lorde Age, Biography Update, Personal Life, Honours, Legacy, Last Years

May 18, 2026

Chinese Navy Tests Advanced New Missile Defence System For Fast Expanding Destroyer Fleet

May 18, 2026

WHO declares Ebola public health emergency of international concern

May 18, 2026

Shocking: I received a call from reliable security source alleging that there are plots to Kill El-Rufai—Frank

May 18, 2026

Police recover stolen 10-day-old baby in Zamfara, nab suspect

May 18, 2026

S&P upgrades Nigeria’s credit rating to ‘B’, cites economic reforms

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World