GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

US, Nigerian Forces ‘Kill’ ISIS Second In Command — Trump

by News Break
May 16, 2026
in Society
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

 

President Donald Trump has announced that the United States and Nigeria’s joint forces have carried out a military operation that allegedly killed a top ISIS commander.

Trump disclosed this in a post on his Truth Social platform late Friday.

According to him, the operation was conducted at his direction and involved what he called a “meticulously planned and very complex mission.”

The operation, he said, allegedly led to the killing of an ISIS top commander identified as Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, whom he described as the terrorist group’s second-in-command globally.

According to the US president, the operation was executed by “brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria” and successfully eliminated what he described as “the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield.”

Trump alleged that Abu-Bilal al-Minuki had been hiding in Africa while coordinating terrorist activities linked to the Islamic State group.

“Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing,” Trump wrote.

He added that the ISIS leader “will no longer terrorize the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans,” stressing that the operation had significantly weakened the global network of the terrorist organisation.

“With his removal, ISIS’s global operation is greatly diminished,” Trump said, while also thanking the Nigerian government for its cooperation in the mission.

“Thank you to the Government of Nigeria for your partnership on this operation. GOD BLESS AMERICA!” the US president added.

As of the time of filing this report, the Federal Government had not issued an official statement confirming details of the latest operation or the reported death of the ISIS commander.

In December, Trump said he had authorised a “powerful and deadly strike against ISIS” in northwestern Nigeria, accusing the terrorist group of targeting and killing innocent Christians in the region.

See Trump’s full statement on Truth Social media below:

 

 

 

Related Posts

Society

Russian Drone Hit Chinese Cargo Ship Overnight In Black Sea — Ukraine

May 18, 2026
Society

Victories, Disputes, Upsets In APC House Of Reps Primaries

May 18, 2026
Society

Rivers APC Disqualifies Ex-Deputy Governor Banigo, Others From Senate Race

May 18, 2026
Society

Two Aspirants Withdraw Ahead Of Kebbi APC Senatorial Primaries

May 18, 2026
Society

APC Primaries: Igariwey Denies Disqualification, Wins Ticket For Afikpo/Edda Federal Constituency

May 18, 2026
Society

Baby Factory: Police Recover Stolen 10-Day-Old Infant In Zamfara, Arrest Suspect

May 16, 2026
No Result
View All Result
News

“One-Year Filming Ban” — Kano Censorship Board Suspends Amina Uba Hassan, Adam Garba Over Alleged Immoral Video

by Vincent Uju
May 18, 2026
0

The Kano State Censorship Board has suspended two film actors, Amina Uba Hassan and Adam Garba, for the alleged release...

Read more

Former Abia Speaker, Chinedum Orji Wins APC House Of Reps Ticket

May 18, 2026

SERAP Urges INEC to Probe Alleged N800bn FAAC Diversion for Campaign Funding

May 18, 2026

Saudi Arabia declares first day of Dhul Hijjah 1447 AH

May 18, 2026

Gatundu family worried after son who vanished 10 years ago spotted working on farm in Congo

May 18, 2026

Russian Drone Hit Chinese Cargo Ship Overnight In Black Sea — Ukraine

May 18, 2026

Manchester City Clinch 8th FA Cup Title, Seal Domestic Double in Commanding Season

May 18, 2026

ICYMI: Pastor Adeboye Finally Names Anointed Nigeria’s Next President (VIDEO)

May 18, 2026

Nancy Guthrie update: Shocking ‘somewhere around her home’ claim sparks reactions

May 18, 2026

Elumelu Tells Macron, Ruto: ‘Africa Youth Don’t Need Handouts’

May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World