GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Abuja: 39-year-old pastor remanded over rape of minor

by News Break
May 14, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

An FCT High Court in Gwarinpa, Abuja, has ordered the fresh remand of Pastor Amos Isah, the 39-year-old founder of Prophetic Victory Voice of Fire Ministry International over the alleged rape of a 14-year-old minor who serves in his church’s media unit.

Presiding Judge Modupe Osho-Adebiyi ordered the cleric to be remanded at the Kuje Correctional Centre pending the submission of records relating to an earlier bail granted to him.

The order followed the resumption of the trial on Thursday.

Isah, whose church is located in Gwagwalada Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, pleaded not guilty to an eight-count charge bordering on alleged rape, sexual exploitation, coercion, emotional and psychological abuse, gross indecency and abduction of a minor.

According to the prosecution, the teenager, identified as B.Z.J., was allegedly lured into the church’s newly constructed auditorium on May 26, 2025.

The charge sheet marked FCT/HC/CR/467/2024 alleged that the cleric locked the doors and forcefully had sexual intercourse with the minor without her consent.

The prosecution said that the offence contravened the provisions of Sections 3, 4 and 14 of the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act, 201.

Isah was arrested by the police in June 2025 and was arraigned on July 22, 2025, before a vacation judge, Justice J.E. Obanor, in a high court in Maitama.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The case was then reassigned to Justice Osho-Adebiyi on March 11, following an application from the prosecution counsel, Aderonke Imana.

On April 21, the matter came up before Justice Osho-Adebiyi; however, the defendant did not appear in court.

Earlier, the defence counsel, O.U. Sule, SAN, informed the court that his client had been granted bail by a sister court.

Justice Osho-Adebiyi noted that the record of the bail and sureties was not before the court.

“His record of surety is not before the court; if I tell him to go, who am I releasing him to?” the judge asked.

Sule persisted in his request that the defendant be released on his honour, but the judge declined.

“Until I get the record, there is really not much I can do. You have not applied for bail before me.”

Sule then asked for an oral bail application, but the prosecution (Imana) informed the court that she has another matter at another court.

“I am opposed to the oral application; I am before another court,” she said.

Justice Osho-Adebiyi noted further that the sureties were not in court and their documents were not before the court.

“The defendant is hereby remanded to the correctional centre pending his bail determination.”

Related Posts

News

APC group protests, demand release of Okitipupa/Irele federal constituency primary election results

May 20, 2026
News

Flooding submerges collapsed Kwara bridge, traps commuters

May 19, 2026
News

Justiciability Of Party Actions That Amount To Constitutional Transgression

May 19, 2026
News

Kannywood celebrities suspended over ‘immoral’ video

May 19, 2026
News

Ondo govt closes schools for APC assembly primaries after Monday’s violence

May 19, 2026
News

APC vows to reclaim Jigawa South-West Senate seat from PDP

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Reports

Borno gov assures families of safe return of 48 abducted schoolchildren 

by News Break
May 20, 2026
0

Babagana Zulum, the governor of Borno state has assured residents of Mussa community in Askira/Uba LGA that efforts are underway...

Read more

UNIPORT, UNIBEN Win South-South Engineering Olympiad, Advance to National Boot Camp

May 20, 2026

Shippers Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM suspend Cuba bookings after US executive order

May 20, 2026

Trump ‘concerned’ about Ebola after American tests positive for deadly virus

May 20, 2026

Asia’s oil shock nightmare has only just begun

May 20, 2026

White House correspondents’ dinner becomes the news as reporters take cover

May 20, 2026

Its false- Oyo police denies reports of fresh terrorist attack in Ogbomosho

May 20, 2026

FIFA World Cup: From Uruguay 1930 to mega 2026 tournament

May 20, 2026

Uzoamaka Power Made Call of My Life for Everyone Who Has Ever Loved Too Much

May 20, 2026

“Since them born this baby, he never rest” – Singer Portable shows off his newborn son in cute video

May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World