GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Borno gov assures families of safe return of 48 abducted schoolchildren 

by News Break
May 20, 2026
in Reports
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Babagana Zulum, the governor of Borno state has assured residents of Mussa community in Askira/Uba LGA that efforts are underway to rescue 48 schoolchildren abducted by suspected terrorists.

The governor gave the assurance on Tuesday during a sympathy visit to Uba town, where he met with parents of the victims and community leaders following the attack.

Addressing residents, Zulum expressed concern over the incident and sympathised with the Emir of Uba, affected families and members of the community.

He said the federal government, security agencies and the Borno state government were working together to secure the release of the abducted children.

“I want to convey my deepest sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children and the entire people of the Uba Emirate over the recent unfortunate incident,” the governor said.

He added that the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, alongside the Nigerian armed forces and the state government, would do everything possible to ensure the children return safely.

Zulum also commended security operatives for their swift response, noting that senior military and police officers had already been deployed to strengthen security in the affected communities.

According to him, additional security reinforcements have been sent to Askira, Uba and surrounding areas to prevent further attacks.

The governor appealed to the abductors to release the children, describing them as innocent minors who deserve care and protection from their families.

He also urged residents across the state to continue praying for peace and the safe return of the victims, especially during the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah.

Speaking during the visit, Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, the Emir of Uba said the abduction occurred on Friday, May 15, in Mussa community.

The monarch disclosed that the victims include 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students and five other residents.

Chinapi Amanja, a community representative, Chinapi thanked the governor for visiting the area and acknowledged the deployment of security personnel to support rescue efforts and restore calm in the community.

Related Posts

Reports

UNIPORT, UNIBEN Win South-South Engineering Olympiad, Advance to National Boot Camp

May 20, 2026
Reports

Uzoamaka Power Made Call of My Life for Everyone Who Has Ever Loved Too Much

May 20, 2026
Reports

Kwara Governor Endorses Amb. Abdulfatai Yahaya Seriki as Preferred Successor for APC Gubernatorial Ticket

May 20, 2026
Reports

EFCC: How we arrested fleeing convicted ex-power minister, Saleh Mamman

May 19, 2026
Reports

Ribadu’s talks with JD Vance, Rubio decisive for Nigeria’s counterterrorism fight – Security Expert 

May 19, 2026
Reports

#NairaLife: She Went From ₦20k to ₦300k/Month, but Her Struggles Haven’t Changed

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Entertainment

“Will They Be Properly Equipped? “- Nigerians React As Army Chief Unveils Plan To Recruit 28,000 Soldiers

by News Break
May 20, 2026
0

The Nigerian Army has announced plans to recruit 28,000 new troops to strengthen the fight against insecurity across the country....

Read more

Constitutional, Legal And Practical Issues In Direct Primaries And Consensus Option

May 20, 2026

Leveraging Nigeria’s Young Population For National Growth And Development (2)

May 20, 2026

I didn’t participate in APC senatorial primary, says Kwara lawmaker

May 20, 2026

Tinubu Urged to Expedite Take-off of Oron Maritime University

May 20, 2026

Eldoret: Heartbreak as Kenyan woman dies in Australia just one month after relocating

May 20, 2026

AGN revalidates membership, urges actors to subscribe to health scheme 

May 20, 2026

The Wait Is Over! Arsenal Win Premier League For First Time In 22 Years

May 20, 2026

APC Primaries: Kalu, Atuma, Erondu Win Abia Senate Tickets

May 20, 2026

El-Rufai Granted ₦100 Million Bail by Court

May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World