GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

I cried for several hours, Neymar opens up on Brazil World cup recall

by News Break
May 20, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Brazil forward Neymar has admitted he broke down in tears after learning he had been included in Brazil’s squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup following his long recovery from injury.

The Santos star spoke emotionally about his return to the national team after Carlo Ancelotti confirmed his place in Brazil’s final squad for the tournament.

Neymar had spent months battling back from the serious injury he suffered in October 2023, which kept him away from international football for an extended period.

Reacting after the squad announcement, the 34-year-old said the moment carried deep emotional significance.

He said: “I cried for several hours, it wasn’t easy to get here.

“After my name was announced, you know it was worth overcoming everything, enduring the effort.”

The former Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain forward also praised Santos for helping him rediscover stability during one of the most difficult periods of his career.

Neymar returned to the Brazilian club as part of his recovery process and described the environment around the team as crucial to his comeback.

He said: “To say that for me, as I always told you when I came back, I feel at home here.

“It’s something that’s hard to explain.”

The Brazilian captain also thanked members of the club behind the scenes for supporting him throughout his rehabilitation.

“I want to thank everyone.

“My call-up wasn’t just for me, it was for everyone who is part of the process, everyone who was with me on the field, off the field, taking care of security, our bodies, our food,” Neymar stated.

Despite his status as one of Brazil’s greatest players, Neymar is still expected to compete for a starting place under Ancelotti ahead of the tournament.

The Brazil coach has reportedly made it clear that no player will receive automatic guarantees based on reputation or past achievements.

However, Neymar remains focused on helping Brazil chase a sixth World Cup title.

“Thank you for the support, for always believing in me.

“I am here to thank you for the support throughout my career.

“We are all together in this Brazil that is heading towards the sixth title,” he added.

Related Posts

News

175 terrorists dead as joint Nigeria-US operations continue in North-East

May 20, 2026
News

“43-Minute Arise TV Interview Played In Court” — Prosecution Says El-Rufai Made ‘Open Confession’ In Treason Trial As Defence Cites Lack Of Forensic Evidence

May 20, 2026
News

BREAKING: PDP Clears Goodluck Jonathan by Waiver for Presidential Primary

May 20, 2026
News

U-20 WWC: Falconets to kick-off campaign against Spain

May 20, 2026
News

NDLEA destroys two cannabis plantations, arrests four in Edo

May 20, 2026
News

Criminal Defamation In Nigeria: Protecting Reputation Without Imprisoning Speech

May 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
World

64 killed in attack on Sudan healthcare facility: WHO

by News Break
May 20, 2026
0

A strike on a healthcare facility in Sudan has killed 64 people and wounded 89 more, the World Health Organization...

Read more

NDC Screening Committee Clears Peter Obi as Sole Presidential Aspirant

May 20, 2026

“I Beat Okowa Fair And Square” — Ned Nwoko Rejects Delta APC Primary Result

May 20, 2026

Onyedika set for Club Brugge summer exit

May 20, 2026

What She Said: He Wants to Marry Me, But I Am Scared He Will Find Out The Truth

May 20, 2026

“Ungrateful human, karma caught up with you” – Toke Makinwa lambasts Sandra Edoho after being mentioned in leaked audio

May 20, 2026

2027: APC Clears 81 Aspirants For House of Reps Seats In Benue

May 20, 2026

175 terrorists dead as joint Nigeria-US operations continue in North-East

May 20, 2026

JUST IN: The Anambra State Police Command has warned residents against resisting arrest, even when they believe such arrest is unwarranted

May 20, 2026

APC Primaries: Dangerous Erosion of Democratic Values

May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World