GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Police nab kidnapper during N10m ransom exchange in Oyo

by News Break
May 14, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Oyo State Police Command, on Thursday, confirmed the arrest of a suspected kidnapper while allegedly trying to collect a N10m ransom demanded from the relatives of a victim at Otefon village in Atiba Local Government Area of the state.

It was gathered that the victim, identified as Alhaji Bagudu, was kidnapped at his residence in Ilowa village last week and later whisked away to Otefon forest, where he was kept until the ransom demanded was paid.

Confirming the arrest, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Olayinka Ayanlade, said, “On Wednesday, May 13, 2026, at about 0100hrs, credible intelligence was received through operatives of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Oyo, indicating that a gang of suspected kidnappers had assembled at Otefon Village Forest to collect ransom from relatives of a kidnapped victim.

“Upon receipt of the intelligence, the state Commissioner of Police, Olugbemiga Abimbola, immediately directed operatives attached to the Anti-Kidnapping Squad, Oyo/Iseyin axis, in collaboration with members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, to move into the area with a view to rescuing the victim and apprehending the criminal elements responsible for the abduction.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the gang, consisting of about six armed men, had on May 9, 2026, invaded the residence of one Alhaji Bagudu ‘M’ of Ilowa Village, Atiba Local Government Area, abducted him and subsequently taken him into the Otefon Forest. The abductors were said to have demanded the sum of N10m as ransom for his release.

“In a carefully coordinated joint operation, security operatives strategically prioritised the safe release of the victim before making tactical moves against the suspected kidnappers.

“Upon confirmation that the victim had regained his freedom unharmed, operatives advanced towards the scene to apprehend the hoodlums and prevent any further threat to life.

“Leveraging robust intelligence gathering and technological tools, security operatives successfully identified the exact location where the suspected kidnappers had assembled and strategically laid an ambush for the criminal elements.

“Upon the arrival of the individual conveying the alleged ransom and subsequent confirmation of the victim’s safe release, operatives from the police and other collaborating security outfits approached the scene.

“However, on sighting the advancing security team, the suspected kidnappers opened fire, resulting in a gun duel. In the ensuing exchange, the suspects fled into the adjoining forest with varying degrees of suspected gunshot injuries, while one suspect identified as Mohammed Sanni ‘M’ was apprehended.

“Also recovered during the operation was a Hajoue motorcycle with registration number TUT 824 TY, believed to have been used for the gang’s logistics and operations.

“Other items recovered from the scene include one small mobile phone, a pair of slippers and a cap, all currently undergoing forensic examination.

“The suspect is currently in custody and has made useful confessional statements regarding his role and involvement within the criminal syndicate. Meanwhile, concerted efforts are ongoing to apprehend the fleeing members of the gang and bring them to justice,” the PPRO confirmed.

The command, therefore, urged members of the public with credible and timely information capable of aiding ongoing investigations or leading to the arrest of the fleeing suspects to promptly report such to the nearest police station or any security post closest to them.

The Oyo State Police Command, on Thursday, confirmed the arrest of a suspected kidnapper while allegedly trying to collect a N10m ransom demanded from the relatives of a victim at Otefon village in Atiba Local Government Area of the state.

It was gathered that the victim, identified as Alhaji Bagudu, was kidnapped at his residence in Ilowa village last week and later whisked away to Otefon forest, where he was kept until the ransom demanded was paid.

Confirming the arrest, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Olayinka Ayanlade, said, “On Wednesday, May 13, 2026, at about 0100hrs, credible intelligence was received through operatives of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Oyo, indicating that a gang of suspected kidnappers had assembled at Otefon Village Forest to collect ransom from relatives of a kidnapped victim.

“Upon receipt of the intelligence, the state Commissioner of Police, Olugbemiga Abimbola, immediately directed operatives attached to the Anti-Kidnapping Squad, Oyo/Iseyin axis, in collaboration with members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, to move into the area with a view to rescuing the victim and apprehending the criminal elements responsible for the abduction.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the gang, consisting of about six armed men, had on May 9, 2026, invaded the residence of one Alhaji Bagudu ‘M’ of Ilowa Village, Atiba Local Government Area, abducted him and subsequently taken him into the Otefon Forest. The abductors were said to have demanded the sum of N10m as ransom for his release.

“In a carefully coordinated joint operation, security operatives strategically prioritised the safe release of the victim before making tactical moves against the suspected kidnappers.

“Upon confirmation that the victim had regained his freedom unharmed, operatives advanced towards the scene to apprehend the hoodlums and prevent any further threat to life.

“Leveraging robust intelligence gathering and technological tools, security operatives successfully identified the exact location where the suspected kidnappers had assembled and strategically laid an ambush for the criminal elements.

“Upon the arrival of the individual conveying the alleged ransom and subsequent confirmation of the victim’s safe release, operatives from the police and other collaborating security outfits approached the scene.

“However, on sighting the advancing security team, the suspected kidnappers opened fire, resulting in a gun duel. In the ensuing exchange, the suspects fled into the adjoining forest with varying degrees of suspected gunshot injuries, while one suspect identified as Mohammed Sanni ‘M’ was apprehended.

“Also recovered during the operation was a Hajoue motorcycle with registration number TUT 824 TY, believed to have been used for the gang’s logistics and operations.

“Other items recovered from the scene include one small mobile phone, a pair of slippers and a cap, all currently undergoing forensic examination.

“The suspect is currently in custody and has made useful confessional statements regarding his role and involvement within the criminal syndicate. Meanwhile, concerted efforts are ongoing to apprehend the fleeing members of the gang and bring them to justice,” the PPRO confirmed.

The command, therefore, urged members of the public with credible and timely information capable of aiding ongoing investigations or leading to the arrest of the fleeing suspects to promptly report such to the nearest police station or any security post closest to them.

Related Posts

News

APC group protests, demand release of Okitipupa/Irele federal constituency primary election results

May 20, 2026
News

Flooding submerges collapsed Kwara bridge, traps commuters

May 19, 2026
News

Justiciability Of Party Actions That Amount To Constitutional Transgression

May 19, 2026
News

Kannywood celebrities suspended over ‘immoral’ video

May 19, 2026
News

Ondo govt closes schools for APC assembly primaries after Monday’s violence

May 19, 2026
News

APC vows to reclaim Jigawa South-West Senate seat from PDP

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Reports

Borno gov assures families of safe return of 48 abducted schoolchildren 

by News Break
May 20, 2026
0

Babagana Zulum, the governor of Borno state has assured residents of Mussa community in Askira/Uba LGA that efforts are underway...

Read more

UNIPORT, UNIBEN Win South-South Engineering Olympiad, Advance to National Boot Camp

May 20, 2026

Shippers Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM suspend Cuba bookings after US executive order

May 20, 2026

Trump ‘concerned’ about Ebola after American tests positive for deadly virus

May 20, 2026

Asia’s oil shock nightmare has only just begun

May 20, 2026

White House correspondents’ dinner becomes the news as reporters take cover

May 20, 2026

Its false- Oyo police denies reports of fresh terrorist attack in Ogbomosho

May 20, 2026

FIFA World Cup: From Uruguay 1930 to mega 2026 tournament

May 20, 2026

Uzoamaka Power Made Call of My Life for Everyone Who Has Ever Loved Too Much

May 20, 2026

“Since them born this baby, he never rest” – Singer Portable shows off his newborn son in cute video

May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World