GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Suspected kidnapper arrested while collecting N10m ransom in Oyo

by News Break
May 15, 2026
in News
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested a suspected kidnapper at the point of collecting N10m ransom demanded from the family of a victim in Otefon Village, Atiba Local Government Area of the state.

The victim, identified as Alhaji Bagudu, was reportedly abducted from his residence in Ilowa Village last week and taken to Otefon forest, where his abductors held him hostage while demanding ransom for his release.

Confirming the arrest on Thursday, the Police Public Relations Officer, Olayinka Ayanlade, said credible intelligence from operatives of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Oyo State, led to the operation that foiled the ransom collection.

He said on Wednesday, at about 1:00 a.m., information indicated that members of a kidnapping gang had gathered in Otefon forest to receive ransom from relatives of the abducted victim.

“Upon receipt of the intelligence, the Commissioner of Police, Olugbemiga Abimbola, immediately directed operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad (Oyo/Iseyin area), in collaboration with members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, to move into the area for a rescue and arrest operation,” Ayanlade said.

Preliminary investigation, according to him, revealed that about six armed men invaded the residence of Alhaji Bagudu on May 9, 2026, abducted him, and whisked him into the forest, where they demanded N10m ransom.

He explained that the operatives adopted a tactical approach that prioritised the safe release of the victim before moving in on the suspects.

“Upon confirmation that the victim had regained his freedom unharmed, operatives advanced towards the location where the suspected kidnappers had assembled to receive the ransom,” he said.

Ayanlade added that on sighting security operatives, the suspects opened fire, leading to a gun duel, during which one of the suspects, Mohammed Sanni, was arrested while others fled into the forest with suspected gunshot injuries.

Items recovered from the scene include a motorcycle with registration number TUT 824 TY, a mobile phone, a pair of slippers and a cap, all of which are undergoing forensic analysis.

He said the suspect in custody had made useful confessional statements, adding that efforts were ongoing to track and arrest fleeing members of the gang.

The command urged residents to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to aid ongoing operations and improve public safety.

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested a suspected kidnapper at the point of collecting N10m ransom demanded from the family of a victim in Otefon Village, Atiba Local Government Area of the state.

The victim, identified as Alhaji Bagudu, was reportedly abducted from his residence in Ilowa Village last week and taken to Otefon forest, where his abductors held him hostage while demanding ransom for his release.

Confirming the arrest on Thursday, the Police Public Relations Officer, Olayinka Ayanlade, said credible intelligence from operatives of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Oyo State, led to the operation that foiled the ransom collection.

He said on Wednesday, at about 1:00 a.m., information indicated that members of a kidnapping gang had gathered in Otefon forest to receive ransom from relatives of the abducted victim.

“Upon receipt of the intelligence, the Commissioner of Police, Olugbemiga Abimbola, immediately directed operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad (Oyo/Iseyin area), in collaboration with members of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, to move into the area for a rescue and arrest operation,” Ayanlade said.

Preliminary investigation, according to him, revealed that about six armed men invaded the residence of Alhaji Bagudu on May 9, 2026, abducted him, and whisked him into the forest, where they demanded N10m ransom.

He explained that the operatives adopted a tactical approach that prioritised the safe release of the victim before moving in on the suspects.

“Upon confirmation that the victim had regained his freedom unharmed, operatives advanced towards the location where the suspected kidnappers had assembled to receive the ransom,” he said.

Ayanlade added that on sighting security operatives, the suspects opened fire, leading to a gun duel, during which one of the suspects, Mohammed Sanni, was arrested while others fled into the forest with suspected gunshot injuries.

Items recovered from the scene include a motorcycle with registration number TUT 824 TY, a mobile phone, a pair of slippers and a cap, all of which are undergoing forensic analysis.

He said the suspect in custody had made useful confessional statements, adding that efforts were ongoing to track and arrest fleeing members of the gang.

The command urged residents to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to aid ongoing operations and improve public safety.

Related Posts

News

APC vows to reclaim Jigawa South-West Senate seat from PDP

May 19, 2026
News

Hoodlums rape Lagos sexagenarian to death

May 19, 2026
News

“Jet A1 Now ₦1,650/Litre” — Dangote Refinery Cuts Aviation Fuel Price, Promises Uninterrupted Supply

May 19, 2026
News

João Pedro family breaks down after Brazil World Cup snub + Video

May 19, 2026
News

APC returns incumbents, picks new faces in Osun primaries

May 19, 2026
News

Federal Government reaffirms CIPM as Nigeria’s only Chartered HR Regulatory body

May 19, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Reports

At Least 67 Individual Killed As JNIM Fighters Overrun Niger Military Base Near Mali Border In Fresh Attack

by Vincent Uju
May 19, 2026
0

At least 67 people, including soldiers and civilians, were reportedly killed after suspected jihadist fighters attacked a Nigerien military engineering...

Read more

APC vows to reclaim Jigawa South-West Senate seat from PDP

May 19, 2026

My Son Was Playing Outside House When His Mother Called Him To Get Ready,Someone Took Him Away-Usman

May 19, 2026

Hoodlums rape Lagos sexagenarian to death

May 19, 2026

Catholic Church Charges Media to Uphold Truth, Amplify Unheard Voices

May 19, 2026

“I Used To Hide From Our Landlord” – Victor Osimhen Opens Up About Family Struggles Growing Up

May 19, 2026

“Jet A1 Now ₦1,650/Litre” — Dangote Refinery Cuts Aviation Fuel Price, Promises Uninterrupted Supply

May 19, 2026

APC clears aspirants for C’River senatorial primaries

May 19, 2026

Power and Payback Debate Deepens as El-Rufai Story Sparks Fresh Political Reflection

May 19, 2026

Kiambu woman painfully says car torched in Githurai won't be compensated by insurance

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World