GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

Is CIA carrying out deadly operations in Mexico? President Sheibaum denies after CNN report sparks row

by News Break
May 14, 2026
in World
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum has denied reports that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was carrying out “deadly operations” in Mexico. Dismissing the claims made by a CNN report, the Mexican leader stated that the reports run by the US-based media house were an attempt to “hurt the government and people of Mexico.”

Speaking at a press conference, the Mexican president slammed the report and stated that it was “based on lies.” (AFP)

Sheinbaum’s remarks come after a CNN report claimed that the CIA carried out a targeted assassination of a member of the Sinaloa cartel near Mexico City. In addition to the CNN report, the New York Times also reported that Mexican forces carried out the attack on the highway, with planning and support from the US agency.

Sheinbaum dismisses report as “lies”

Speaking at a press conference, the Mexican president slammed the report and stated that it was “based on lies.”

Furthermore, when asked about the findings published by the New York Times, Sheinbaum referred to the report as “a fiction the size of the universe.”

“Imagine how big the lie is if the CIA itself needs to come out and dismiss the story,” Sheinbaum told reporters.

Also Read | El Mencho, El Chapo, El Mayo: Mexico violence latest chapter in drug-linked history

Mexico’s Security Secretary Omar Harfuch, also dismissed the report, while adding that cooperation remains between the Mexican and US governments.

“The Government of Mexico categorically rejects any narrative that seeks to normalize, justify, or suggest the existence of lethal, covert, or unilateral operations by foreign agencies within national territory,” he wrote on social media.

CIA dismisses findings

Along with the Mexican president, a spokesperson for the CIA also dismissed the reports, stating that the so-called findings were a “PR campaign for cartels.”

“This is false and salacious reporting that serves as nothing more than a PR campaign for the cartels and puts American lives at risk,” said Liz Lyons on X.

CNN, NYT stand by reports

Both the CNN and the New York Times have stood firm by their reports and findings, stating that they have simply reported the facts on the ground.

As per AP, a spokesperson for CNN stated that the report had been presented before the CIA before its publication, but the agency declined to comment.

NYT also issued a similar statement, with Charlie Stadtlander, executive director of media relations and communications, telling AP that the publication “remains confident in the accuracy of what we reported.”

What does the report claim?

As per the CNN report, the US-based media house has claimed that the killing of Francisco Beltran, who was a mid-level member of the Sinaloa drug cartel, was a targeted assassination facilitated by CIA operatives.

Citing Mexico’s attorney general, CNN added that the assassination was carried out by hiding an explosive device in Beltran’s vehicle.

The blast took place on March 28. Videos of the incident show the car bursting into flames as it rolled forward, eventually drifting off the highway. Photos accessed by CNN further showed Beltran, who was also known as “El Payin”, and his driver slumped over in their seats.

Related Posts

World

Madison tornado update: Wisconsin's Verona, Fitchburg, Monona under warning; twister to hit soon

May 19, 2026
World

US Secretary of State approves $25.8 billion in weapons sales to Middle East allies – report

May 19, 2026
World

Fired immigration judge sues Trump’s DOJ over discriminatory push to replace women and minorities with white men

May 19, 2026
World

Pak Deploys JF-17s, Thousands Of Troops In Saudi During Iran War: Report

May 19, 2026
World

Latvia’s president asks opposition leader to form new government

May 19, 2026
World

UFO files: What woman told FBI about ‘alien in earthly form’ in 1967

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Business

SIFAX Group Congratulates Onigbinde on Election as MARAN President

by News Break
May 19, 2026
0

SIFAX Group has congratulated Mr. Oluyinka Onigbinde on his election as the new President of the Maritime...

Read more

Repton CEO Calls for Digital Skills Acquisition at Lagos Career Fair

May 19, 2026

“He Insulted And Blocked Me”- Private Chef Alleges Harassment From Client After Booking

May 19, 2026

“Five Dead, 11 Injured” — Wike Orders Free Treatment As Three-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja

May 19, 2026

EX-Ebonyi lawmaker, Eni Uduma Chima emerges PDP Reps flagbearer for Afikpo/Edda Federal Constituency

May 19, 2026

Beyond Border Bans: Turning Nigeria’s Seme Border from a Revenue Leak into Goldmine of Billions of Naira

May 19, 2026

Nairobi: Family in distress after nurse daughter dies after short illness

May 19, 2026

FG arraigns man over alleged terrorism, impersonation

May 19, 2026

Bodies Of Four Missing Italian Divers Found In Undersea Maldives Cave

May 19, 2026

Tinubu ally Aminu-Ja’oji wins APC Reps ticket in Kano

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World