GossipsNG.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World
No Result
View All Result
GossipsNG.com
No Result
View All Result

‘Justice Crack’ bail plea suffers setback as defence lawyers clash in court

by Vincent Uju
May 14, 2026
in Latest
0
152
SHARES
1.9k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The bail application filed by the detained Justice Chidiebere, popularly known as Justice Crack, on Thursday suffered a setback at the Federal High Court in Abuja after his lawyers clashed over representation.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik had, on May 4, fixed today for the hearing of Mark’s bail request shortly after he was arraigned by the Department of State Services (DSS) and pleaded not guilty to a three-count charge.

The adjournment followed an application by Mark’s lawyer, Marshall Abubakar, who told the court of the need to admit his client to bail pending the trial.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the DSS had, in the charge marked FHC/ABJ/CR/253/2026, sued Crack, a social media influencer, as the sole defendant over alleged cybercrime offences linked to a viral video concerning the Nigerian Army.

Mark was alleged to have circulated false information and published materials capable of causing public unrest.

The defendant, who was reportedly arrested by the Nigerian Army, was accused of publishing the viral video and accompanying statements through his X handle, @JusticeCrack, alleging inadequate feeding of Nigerian soldiers.

When the case was called on Thursday, Leyii Abueh, from the Federal Ministry of Justice, informed the court that the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) had taken over the matter from the DSS in line with the relevant section of the law.

However, Femi Balogun and Abubakar stood up to announce appearance for the defendant.

Balogun told the court that he was briefed by Mark’s family to take up the case.

He notified the court about the defence bail application already filed.

But Abubakar insisted he was the defendant’s lawyer, who had been appearing in the case, and he had not been disengaged to handle the matter.

Justice Abdulmalik then asked the defendant to identify his lawyer, and Mark pointed at Balogun.

Against this development, Abubakar applied to withdraw all the processes he filed in respect of the case, including the bail application which Balogun had relied on.

The judge struck out the processes filed by Abubakar and adjourned until May 18 for the hearing of the fresh bail application. (NAN)

Article ‘Justice Crack’ bail plea suffers setback as defence lawyers clash in court Live On NgGossips.

Related Posts

Latest

Man, 32, Arrested For Diverting N43m AGO products At Lekki

May 19, 2026
Latest

Oyo school: We’ll listen to abductors’ demands – Makinde

May 19, 2026
Latest

BREAKING: ‘Keep off,’ Anglican Primate advises Jonathan against 2027 presidential bid

May 19, 2026
Latest

EFCC Double Down On Harassing Students, While Politicians Plunder Under Cover Of Judiciary—Odinkalu

May 18, 2026
Latest

Obi’s Exit Rattled Our National Chairman, I Have Not Seen Him Since I Came Back To Nigeria -Nwosu

May 18, 2026
Latest

Osun: Accord fumes over ‘second attack’ on Adeleke campaign office

May 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
Business

SIFAX Group Congratulates Onigbinde on Election as MARAN President

by News Break
May 19, 2026
0

SIFAX Group has congratulated Mr. Oluyinka Onigbinde on his election as the new President of the Maritime...

Read more

Repton CEO Calls for Digital Skills Acquisition at Lagos Career Fair

May 19, 2026

“He Insulted And Blocked Me”- Private Chef Alleges Harassment From Client After Booking

May 19, 2026

“Five Dead, 11 Injured” — Wike Orders Free Treatment As Three-Storey Building Collapses In Abuja

May 19, 2026

EX-Ebonyi lawmaker, Eni Uduma Chima emerges PDP Reps flagbearer for Afikpo/Edda Federal Constituency

May 19, 2026

Beyond Border Bans: Turning Nigeria’s Seme Border from a Revenue Leak into Goldmine of Billions of Naira

May 19, 2026

Nairobi: Family in distress after nurse daughter dies after short illness

May 19, 2026

FG arraigns man over alleged terrorism, impersonation

May 19, 2026

Bodies Of Four Missing Italian Divers Found In Undersea Maldives Cave

May 19, 2026

Tinubu ally Aminu-Ja’oji wins APC Reps ticket in Kano

May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
© 2025 GossipsNG. All rights reserved.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Society
  • Latest
  • World